You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#37310 by Koraxbear Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:45 am
Hi there I just discovered this forum yesterday and wished that I'd discovered it sooner, alot of scams and spam seemed to be aimed at me (i know they are random but this one below seems to be hitting me the most)

----- Original Message -----
To: <undisclosed-recipients:>
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:03 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]Update Required. Microsoft

Microsoft Windows Corporation.
100 Victoria Street London
SW1E 5JL Great Britain
Microsoft Management Board

Attention: Microsoft Windows E-mail Award Winner,

Sorry for not updating you for a while, we had little problem with the
British Government on claims procedure but now we are good. Your award ?
5.5, million pounds ($8.9 Million USD) is still very much open for claims
attached is the claims guidelines from Microsoft Windows E-mail Award
Great Britain, you are advised to read carefully for your understanding.

The attachment is in a PDF format you need an adobe reader (PDF) to read
the attachment. If you do not have the adobe reader (PDF) on your computer
just go online and look for a way to get the adobe reader (PDF).You need
insurance policy to proceed with claims. We await your reply on time so as
to give you further instructions.

NB: This award is all about promoting the use of Electronic mail (E-mail)
we are not promoting the use of phones so take note all correspondence
should be by e-mail.

Secretary,

Mrs. Katherine Norlan MSD,
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

Not sure if they cocked up somewhere but the e-mail didn't have an attachment (wouldn't have opened it anyway could of contained a virus for all I knew)

unfortunaltly I did not get the headers for this one but i did reply in the form of, 'your a scam go away'
and got a reply

Microsoft Windows Corporation.
100 Victoria Street London
SW1E 5JL Great Britain
Microsoft Management Board
Fax: +44-87 0950-3299

Attention: Microsoft Windows E-mail Award Winner,

Thanks for the mail; please, keep this office fully updated, as we require regular update from you. Your Microsoft Windows Award ?5.5, million pounds about ($9.1, Million US Dollars) is still pending. You have instructions please, do as instructed.

NB: This award is all about promoting the use of Electronic mail (E-mail) we are not promoting the use of phones so take note all correspondence should be by mail.

Secretary,

© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

the header for this one is here:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Original-To: (removed)
Delivered-To: (removed)
Received: from mxen5.enta.net (mxen5.enta.net [78.33.48.8])
by nbg-mail.viper.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id D4CEE199645
for <(removed)>; Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:14:17 +0100 (BST)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mxen5.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id A2407DED499
for <(removed)>; Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:14:17 +0100 (BST)
Received: from mxen5.enta.net ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (mxen1.enta.net [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-maia, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 48929-09 for <(removed)>;
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:14:14 +0100 (BST)
X-Greylist: domain auto-whitelisted by SQLgrey-1.7.6
Received: from smtp103.sbc.mail.ac4.yahoo.com (smtp103.sbc.mail.ac4.yahoo.com [76.13.13.242])
by mxen5.enta.net (Postfix) with SMTP id EA326DED494
for <(removed)>; Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:14:13 +0100 (BST)
Received: (qmail 34040 invoked from network); 13 Sep 2010 05:14:12 -0000
Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=att.net; s=s1024; t=1284354852; bh=UPDHieWEh1D2npHXFScwOGhje0fpx53K5vgMYfrf0Yo=; h=Message-ID:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:From:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; <snip> - Dotti+3pGmVh9Yw9SFE=
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Received: from User ([email protected] with login)
by smtp103.sbc.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with SMTP; 12 Sep 2010 22:14:11 -0700 PDT
X-Yahoo-SMTP: pkBNvCGswBDKY4mVv41WrlsrscAMMb.1tHZrfHWidw--
X-YMail-OSG: C47YI4YVM1k9vPT0YAo1UJlGDPI0MDMMaeHoE88sur5GaPe
h0tk4phoTeeyqhPw4_tGjz2WGsASmv71Co7SIwWisqYKzFGr8oqKTzeMmQjA
aIHvRTdHowJczWNwB_VBZZjO.kHBgEmusL1SqAv.fDGV0xv0BD3xEUMVyxjn
hhlmyAt94yZJyl_kXEcAy0R7InyFCfeITuBF5S0tivrj7yZSuLJhAKfGaSUo
Q9FsFsJ5QCBQ4GSrGjSHzncLZTvhOPA--
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: ***SPAM*** Shipping Notification: Order No. 11694303
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:14:06 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
X-Virus-Scanned: Maia Mailguard 1.0.2a
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=7.395 tagged_above=-999 required=3
tests=BAYES_50=0.001, FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK=3.116, MISSING_HEADERS=1.292,
NA_DOLLARS=1.329, SARE_CHARSET_W1251=1.656, UNPARSEABLE_RELAY=0.001
X-Spam-Level: *******
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAACBQrRdIMrk3uB5NrxhX1iqoV9mDxFfZibBX2bA4V9mw1
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAAAA==

I have reported the mail to hotmail since the return address is a live.co.uk but they said to me that unless it was sent by them they can't do anything.
Advertisement

#37320 by Chris Fuller Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 am
Hello Koraxbear, and welcome to ScamWarners.

Thank you for posting these scam mails.

The headers show that the email was sent from IP address 62.56.170.155, which is a satellite provider, focusing very much on providing connections to Africa, as well as to other regions.

We prefer that scammers' email addresses are not shut down by their mail providers, because then the email addresses we have posted here would become out-of-date. The scammers will simply open yet another new email address - but we won't have any warnings about them at that new address.

At the moment, anyone who receives a similar or identical email using the address [email protected], and googles it, will be led to your post, and be warned that it is a scam. But if the scammer opens a new email address instead, the new email address will generate no google results. So it is better to keep scammer email addresses open and unreported - and just publicise the scam here instead!

Please do post any other scams you receive, so that other people can be warned about those ones too.
#37366 by Koraxbear Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 pm
thanks for the info Chris, I'll bear that in mind for any future mails I receive.
#37707 by Koraxbear Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 pm
Just an update, received another e-mail, you might not have seen this before and I guess it is a last gasp tactic to say it is real, however when they used Western Union it was after all this, a scam anyway (why would you pay a fee in the first place, if you won surely the money is yours not theirs?)

Anyhow the message and header as follows

Microsoft Windows e-Mail Award

I am begging you again to trust me as I understand what might be going through your heart right now, most especially the increase in the rate of internet scams, fraud etc, yes, it call for skepticisms, but I personally want to give you the assurance that everything is alright. You will not be required to pay any other charges, this I assure you. The fact that you did not purchase any ticket from the start is worth been skeptic, we are doing this as a new invention and we do not want to record default. We want to promote the strong use of the E-mail system.

Yes, we are suppose to take care of this very little insurance charge, but to be sincere with you, the mistake came from us, and all we calculated was the ?27.5, million pounds in all, ?5.5, million pounds each for the five winners. We are new to this so we were not aware of what to go through. Though Ignorance is not an excuse, take my words, this award is real, I feel so bad going extra miles trying to convince you for your due right. We have contacted you in more than five occasions with no response from you. It is none of my duties to be telling you all this, but I do have conscience and would love to give you the assurance and the opportunity to claim what is rightfully yours.

I am a happily married Christian, 43 years old with 3 kids, I have worked with this company for 23 year and 88 days today, trust me I will not deceive you in any way and my dreams do not lie. I do not want you to regret this. I know if you claim these award we all will be happy, and my family and I could come visit you. I know we have not met before neither have we had any business connections in the past; but I want you to give me the benefit of doubt and claim this award. I do not pray that you have any problem, but if you do I will personally refund to you whatever you pay for the insurance and delivery charge. As I know the company’s refunds process will take small time.

I believe this question will likely come from you, "why not pay for me and when I get this award I pay you back" The fact is this, as an employee we are not allowed to do so, trust me. I pray I do not get sacked for what I am doing right now; I am going beyond my limits. I have to fulfill what I saw in my dreams. Many people will tell you this is fraud, trust me there are so many fraud out there, Imposters claiming to be working with us, this are all lies. But this is the only promotion we have ever had and this is the first real E-mail promotion. I want you to give me the benefit of doubt and have a re-think. If you do not claim these award before deadline the funds would be returned back to Microsoft, even if you are not in need of this money why not claim it and give it to the poor and needy it will help so many people.

Two out of the five selected winners are enjoying their prizes, though they are from a Middle class home so they could afford the charges with no complains. You might call our USA office and they will tell you they have nothing to do with any promotion, yes, because, it was what we agreed on. This Promotion is all about promoting the Use of "E-MAILS" and not to promote mobile phones it was explained to you in the first two previous mails sent to you. I know you want something more than words; maybe documents or something more like a guarantee to proof how real this is, I cannot do more than I have done. I do not want to get into trouble. The truth remains that my heart will be free because I have told you. I do not have much to tell you now, but if I have I will contact you.

Let me give you little about trust:

Trust is a relationship of reliance. A trusted party is presumed to seek to fulfill policies, ethical codes, law and their previous promises. Trust does not need to involve belief in the good character, vices, or morals of the other party. Also trust does not need to include an action that you and the other party are mutually engaged in. Trust is a prediction of reliance on an action, based on what a party knows about the other party. Trust is a statement about what is otherwise unknown -- for example, because it is far away, cannot be verified, or is in the future.

The insurance and delivery charge is ?427.38 ($701 US Dollars) these funds should be made via western union to:

Receiver's Name: Alex Justine Vouge,
Receiver's Address: 109 Card ford str, City: London
Zip: WC2R 0QS Country: Great Britain.

You must fax this office (Fax: +44- 870 950 3299 or +44-70 0604 6150) a copy of the transfer slip for urgency, and also send the following information via email as they appear on the Money Gram or western union transfer slip:

1. Sender's Full Name:
2. Sender's Address:
3. Amount sent
4. Western Union Control Number MTCN (10 Digit) or Money Gram Reference number (8 Digit)

Invoice and the tracking number will be issued to you as soon as payment is confirmed. Trust me everything is fine, I give you my words. Send the insurance charge to our account officer, make sure you fax payment receipt to our office and also send the information's by email. Once again I give you my words, I will not lie to you, take my words and do not lose this opportunity, if you do not want it for yourself, then claim it and give it to the poor, God will bless you more trust me. I will be more than happy to see you claim this award.

Another problem about this promotion is this, it is not an open promotion; it will come up on TV and other news papers all over the World once all claims are completed. I am not supposed to tell you all this but if it will make you happy and make you have a re-think. These are the company’s secretes I am not to disclose. Sorry my grammar might not be too good, I am Spanish by birth but British national. Thanks for your understanding I wish you the best.

Do have a re-think. To succeed in life there are some decisions you take, they might look risky but sometimes they come out good trust me, this is no risk.

Senior Secretary,

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Original-To: (removed)
Delivered-To: (removed)
Received: from mxen3.enta.net (mxen3.enta.net [78.33.48.6])
by nbg-mail.viper.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id C893C199671
for <(removed)>; Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:40:34 +0100 (BST)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mxen3.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4B0C7B971FB
for <(removed)>; Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:40:34 +0100 (BST)
Received: from mxen3.enta.net ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (host.domain.tld [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-maia, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 41945-04 for <(removed)>;
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:40:23 +0100 (BST)
X-Greylist: delayed 00:07:17 by SQLgrey-1.7.6
Received: from smtp125.sbc.mail.sp1.yahoo.com (smtp125.sbc.mail.sp1.yahoo.com [69.147.65.184])
by mxen3.enta.net (Postfix) with SMTP id 76538B97253
for <(removed)>; Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:40:23 +0100 (BST)
Received: (qmail 48711 invoked from network); 21 Sep 2010 14:33:02 -0000
Cc: recipient list not shown: ;
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=att.net; s=s1024; t=1285079582; bh=8HqV7WXWcXQgabD5QeDcMabpjOoUMFKeQV1NLPUd6aQ=; h=Message-ID:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:From:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=<snip>/s/vmir5l/i+xk1Kg8Y/f5GSHKgQZ/9ns=
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Received: from User ([email protected] with login)
by smtp125.sbc.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with SMTP; 21 Sep 2010 07:32:59 -0700 PDT
X-Yahoo-SMTP: pkBNvCGswBDKY4mVv41WrlsrscAMMb.1tHZrfHWidw--
X-YMail-OSG: EzqOKvgVM1mMR3pQj_Nia0YDvF79uIKvx_OQytB6bRMt3DZ
x3pbg7zDUPlVDIKLGDYP36egA5k2SNHAmaNYdAFGnT_PXA1qdEnB1yCB5OuK
scyi2UJrwt6haYDmO6ReqWvxr1b.0ZXR3xCOePammtNrxNsPOQpZshQaymd4
NdwmkMrpdwosBhh9Wmxl.PEg1UPoq557eO8p4OT3gECs44qVh7iEF8M0h8HP
TP2VXfIBVcmhI1LtRV.UgflYVlTQYNCs9cQssmn_0
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]***SPAM*** Trust Me, I want The Best For You.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:33:01 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
X-Virus-Scanned: Maia Mailguard 1.0.2a
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=8.081 tagged_above=-999 required=3
tests=BAYES_50=0.001, FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK=3.116, LOTTERY_PH_004470=2.015,
MISSING_HEADERS=1.292, SARE_CHARSET_W1251=1.656, UNPARSEABLE_RELAY=0.001
X-Spam-Level: ********
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAAAQAAAlg=
#37724 by Dotti Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm
This scammer is a little more persistent than many lottery scammers. Hopefully, it is because he is not earning any money on his scams. :D

If Microsoft (or any major company) decided to start some kind of online lottery or raffle, they would be announcing it to the world in advance to take advantage of the free advertising they would get. They would never charge fees for it, and would never wait until after the fact to announce it.

He is trying to give an excuse for his bad English so you won't decide he is a scammer because he claims to be British but can't write in proper English. However, the types of mistakes and some of the phrases in his writing are consistent with an African--not with someone who is Spanish by birth--the mistakes would be very different.

Incidentally, phone numbers that start with 44-70 and 44-870 are not real UK numbers--they are redirect numbers that are automatically forwarded to another phone virtually anywhere in the world. They are also extremely popular among African scammers pretending to be in UK. The scammer simply has the number programmed to forward calls to his cellphone in Africa. I have never known a real UK business or person who uses one of these numbers for legitimate activity.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.