If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#374055 by centaur22 Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:21 am
Hi,
got in touch with a scammer on Thai Cupid.
It soon was obvious that it was a scammer, but I decided to see how she(most likey a he) operated.

First trick is to get you off the site where you met, and onto email, txt, apps and what have you.

Then saying that there were only rude men that wanted nude photos of her, and she decided to get off the site-hoping I was different.

Later got some fake pictures with her and her mom, which of course have had cancer (which probably would resurface -with a request for financial support later)
Then later, when she was silent for some days-this was the exuse (with a hook for later support for doctor, I presume.:
« I have been so busy at work and it made me feel sick so i had to quickly go to the hospital for immediate treatment. when the doctor checked me he said i work to much with lots of stress that i need much rest»

Then Insisting she could not meet up In Malaysia, because of a promise to her mother-that she wouldn`t get involved with men and get into emotional trouble -that she had experienced before with some amercan guy. But her mother was perfectly fine with her going to stay another person for 3 months in a different country. What a hilarious contradiction!
Anyway she/he wanted money to pay for the ticket - was able to armtwist an account number to «a friend of hers» because her bank couldn`t recieve money from abroad.
Of course no money sent- but here`s the details :
Bank Name : Maybank
Account Name : Lim Bee Kien Samorn 33: Account Number : 114235575043
Swift Code : MBBEMYKL
Bank Address: 103-107 Jalan Mega Mendong Bandar Park, Jalan Kelang Lama, 58000 Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Residential Address : 8 Jalan Manisan 3 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur

I even got a fake passport picture but to much hassle to upload it here.
Here`s the details :
Location : 34 Linkungan Desa Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur malaysia.
Passport Number : A04271893
Date Of Birth : 25/10/1984
Phone Number : +601117225632 (number is forwarded to another number)

Below is just some snippets of the converations, that might get people to find some qoutes during a google search:

Hello , Thanks for your message. I got home late from work yesterday and when to take my shower and just slept off
I just woke up to use the rest room then I saw your message on my computer,so I decided to write you before going back to sleep.
I am also wanting a serious relationship and I hope you are a good person and you seems different from other men on that site .That was why I gave you my number and email

my day was very stressful because I had lots of customers today and I attended to them all by my self but am home now. I will need to rest and have some shower
please few mins because I need to take a shower

To let you know more about me, I live alone in a quite one bedroom apartment in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia I am the only child of my family My dad passed away in 2012 at the age of 72 My Mom is 65 years old and currently leaving at our family house.I am single and never married and have no kid as I told you previously
I did learn a lot from my parents which I can sum up as always being positive and proactive in any thing and to always put God first. I believe in harmony and love, and I am always responsible for my actions and embrace positivism. I've been a workaholic but realizing the greatest asset in life is time and the time I have now is for love. I love swimming ,cooking, listening to Music and love dancing as well. I work in a clothing shop in Kuala Lumpur and is 6 days a week with one day off which is on Sundays when I go to church and Sometimes I do have morning and evening shift which is quite stressful
I am straight forward woman and I know i have lots of love in my heart to offer my man I really don't care about looks, age been rich or poor as,i am more concerned about what the heart can offer,And the commitment between each other I have been single for quite some time now .I believe it more fun to share wonderful time together with a true loving, caring partner and share laughter and romantic moment together I am looking for someone who can complete my life, not complicate it. I want someone that really enjoys the physical part of a relationship and though I consider myself to be a very passionate woman. I am honest and sincere woman who have a good heart to love and share. I am Caring,Calm,Humble ,Respectful and a good Buddhist . i hope you not bothered about that
My heart tells me you are a good man but I really need to know more about you and not just accepting the words only. To be honest with you I talk to some men on the site but they seems not serious as they keep asking me for a nude photo and demanding for sex chat which makes me feel they really don't know what they want for themselves. I didn't join the site to play games but to search for a serious and life time partner that really deserves True Love

I had an intention of closing my account on the site before i got your message but now i have closed it because I joined the site because a very close friend of mine recommended it to me. She found her soulmate there on Thai Cupid and she is happily married and leaving with her hubby in France I do communicate with her most times and have learned allot from her relationship too
I went to an English school and my dad understands English but my mom is not too good in speaking English
Not all we Asians understands English my dad new that and made me studied in a english school I took it very serious
Thanks for you understanding and My heart keeps telling me you are a good person and you never talk dirty to me. Nice photo you are very handsome and I love what I see
Why I have decided to remain single till now is that, my wish is to settle down with a western man

It’s my very own decision and my mom supports it because I have had enough with Asian men. One thing about Asian men is that they always tend to be possessive and domineering towards the women, for me I was in an abusive relationship. I wish not to experience such pains any longer that are the reason why I chose to settle down with a western man. I do believe that God didn't give us pain to hurt us
I will like to ask you some questions ,what do you think about the long distance? do you have contact with many ladies on the site and have you met one that you desire a lot? what do you think about us together? What is it you can not stand in a relationship ? Please be sincere with me because I am really willing interested in knowing you and I feel you are a good man

I will like to ask you some questions ,what do you think about the long distance? do you have contact with many ladies on the site and have you met one that you desire a lot? what do you think about us together? What is it you can not stand in a relationship ? Please be sincere with me because I am really willing interested in knowing you and I feel you are a good man

Honey I never told you what I experienced during my past dating. I had a really bad experience from a foreign man who was a tourist. My last dating was December 2013, he is an American Japanese who came to Kuala Lumpur and was treated by me. He told me that he was interested in taking me to his country but what he was really after was to cheat on me.
He came from his home country (USA) and spends 2 days in Kuala Lumpur, even my mom knew him. When the time came for me to know his place in USA, he disappeared for months. I never knew he was married with children. Everything ended when his wife called me from USA to tell me that she was married with him. I even invited her to Malaysia to prove it to me that it was real and she came with her children too. I was so shocked because he told me that he was never married and promised so much even my mom knows the bitter experience so well. That really made me sad and vowed not to repeat same mistake with another man. Beside that, my mom will never be happy with me if I repeat the same experience again.
I will prefer if i come over to meet you and know your family too. I can stay for month or weeks for us to know better . By the way, you know something that you do not even realize that you know. You know that one of the most beautiful things a man can wear is modesty. You wear it well.
call me on my phone number I need to speak with you to hear your voice
how was your day and how is work honey
i am getting so used to you very fast honey

To me the biggest mistakes most men make in a relationship is when they don't give their partner more access to be free with them. Not giving their partner enough of their time which is about attention sharing and connections. a woman expects love and care which is turned on by knowing that you are her rock in every aspect of life in the relationship.
I really love to know your kind of man .. I should believe you are romantic

To my knowledge and understanding regarding to the qualities of my own ideal of relationship are Maturity , Understanding,sharing ideas as couple,been best friends,Been Open minded,Freedom of expression, Been Honesty and respectful. That was why I said on my previous message that I am interested in a matured mind person who is family orientated

What's the most important thing that women don't understand about men that they should?
Do you believe in love at first sight?
What is your favorite season of the year and why?
What is the one thing you would most like me to know about you?
late is..What makes you laugh and what makes you sad?
good day dear and have a wonderful day

Honey If I could give you one thing in life, I’d give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you realize how special you have become to me
I just don't know what you have done to me honey. I keep thinking about you
I'm just surprised on this feeling I am becoming to have for you
So quick
Honey I don't know what happened to me whether I'm crazy or just lonely, all I know is I was sick of being unloved,mistreated, and deceived. But when you came along all I know is that I felt a connection on our first communication, something I had never felt before which at first made me feel uneasy, stupid and even a bit childish. It made me go through all kinds of emotions as we talked and began finding we had a lot in common I felt like we had known each other from an unknown past
Even though at first I was scared and a part of me wanted to ignore and just believe that you were just someone who was playing a game being that we were both behind the screen. I was thinking I was crazy to have the feelings I was beginning to have for you
I was really upset with myself and became very angry with the way I was feeling. I didn't want to admit to you or anyone else that I was falling for someone I had never actually met I thought I was becoming insane myself, I tried to fight these feelings off but they were just too powerful for me to ignore! I tried to convince myself that this can't be for real that you couldn't really be feeling the same as I was
No matter how hard I tried, I just could not fight the feelings I was having for you then when you began to express your feelings to me which I tried not to believe, because I was scared of being disappointed, but the magnetism that I was feeling was so strong that I could no longer fight it, couple with the messages you sent me Our words became an everyday thing and the feelings just would not go away no matter how hard i tried
Honey there is something very important I want to discuss, is about initial travel cost. Currently, I'm financially unstable because I had pay to monthly bills coupled with the fact that i spent so much on my mom's car recently, I had to put things in place I have about $120 with me which will not be enough to pay for the flight ticket However, in terms of at least the very initial meet, it is good to see if there is any way to potentially get together where the weight of all that is not necessarily on the woman, alone.
So, may I please get a first sense, or at least maybe put the question out there, for immediate response But just possibly at least a little time review if there is a way you could be of help, for at least for my first visit ? Perhaps sometimes a little bit tough to say, but I personally do think the best relationships seem to work out when there is a least a little bit of contribution, from both sides

I bless the day I found you honey and Honey my love for you is unconditional, it grows from the depths of my heart, and without your affection and warmth in my heart it makes me feel incomplete honey, all I ask for is me been by your side forever as your queen honey.
I have been so busy at work and it made me feel sick so i had to quickly go to the hospital for immediate treatment. when the doctor checked me he said i work to much with lots of stress that i need much rest
Advertisement