HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#374279 by Malek Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:31 am
Hi, I would like to know of this is a scam or not.
I have been e-mailing the UBS bank for opening online account.
This is the e-mail : [email protected]
And this is the last email I received
"
Dear Esteemed Customer,

Attention of XXX.

OUTGOING FOREIGN PAYMENT ORDER

Thanks for your reply and question, The UBS Bank does not compromise its reputation through unethical, illegal and unprofessional conduct, and also maintains zero appetite for association with disreputable individuals and entities. Note; that the [email protected] is a direct email to our accounting department here and you can also contact us on [email protected] So every UBS branch bank country have each of their operating email.

Since you're doubting, The Union bank of Swiss Cairo Egypt Branch, is located at 1191, Corniche el Nil, World Trade Centre, 13th Floor , Cairo 11221. We will ensure that your interest is highly protected and represented as we commence on this subject.

Thanks for Banking with us
Yours in Service
Mrs Linda Freeman
UBS AG BANK

They need 250$ to open online account and they want me to send the money via western union

If you are sending the money via Western Union money transfer, this is the accountant receiver's name

Full Name : ISSA IRAKOZE

Given Name : ISSA
Surname : IRAKOZE
Address : Nil City El Maadi, Cairo Egypt
Amenount ; $250 US Dollars

The problem is I don't think this is scam because they asked me already to either come to the office or send the money and I might travel to go to the office but I don't want to waste money on traveling .
I would like to know if someone ever experienced this before.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

#374280 by AlanJones Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am
It's a definite scam.

[email protected] is a free email address, which is not something that an international bank would be using and [email protected] is a fake domain that the scammers have set up. Any emails from UBS would be sent from the ubs.com domain, with replies going back to the same domain.

Also, no bank would be asking you to open an account by email or send payment by Western Union.

Everyone involved in this transaction (including whoever referred you to the "bank" is fake and part of the scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374281 by AlanJones Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:43 am
The domain ubsbn.info was registered in April this year by someone in Nigeria.

Creation Date: 2018-04-15T22:35:10Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-15T22:35:10Z

Registrant Name: SEGUN NICE
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 181 onu street, igodu road
Registrant City: Abia
Registrant State/Province: Abia
Registrant Postal Code: 23432
Registrant Country: NG
Registrant Phone: +234.8062952204
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374283 by AlanJones Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 am
It belongs to UBS, but I guarantee that if you go there, no one will have a clue who you are or what you are talking about.

#374284 by AlanJones Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 am
Email address [email protected] has also been used to register a number of other domains that are for fake banks

cae-bn.info
deutschebn.info
mashrb.info
ubsbn.info