Information on romance scams and scammers.
#374388 by dainty82015 Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:56 am
I met someone thru WeChat, he said that he's an Orthopedic Surgeon in Syria and has been in Syria for 4 years. He has a 20 years contract with the UN and retiring on October 27. He said that all of his savings can sustain all the things his future family. (As he has shown his interest in me). As I read all the posts here, all the stories are the same he said, his late wife died in Lung cancer 7 years ago, his only brother died 4 years ago and his parents too. He has only one son, his name is James and studying in Canada. Their only contact is thru email as the call is prohibited in the camp. He used to send me pictures of him. We communicate thru WeChat and sometimes call with a limited time, as he said that video calling or call is not allowed. Although he's not asking any sort of money from me, still he has shown his interest in me and all the things that he said are too good to be true. Please enlighten me about this.
Thank you.
Advertisement

#374389 by AlanJones Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:07 am
Please post the name of this surgeon and any email addresses and telephone numbers he used.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374398 by AlanJones Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:24 am
He's a scammer.

He may not have asked you for money yet, but he will do eventually. Romance scammers can go for many months grooming their victims and distancing them from friends and family, before asking for funds.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374403 by dainty82015 Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:35 am
I believe he is, all the scripted things were mentioned in this forum such as - Widowed, has a son/daughter, retiring soon etc. Please share your thoughts or experiences related to this please to warn others. Thank you so much.