Room for Rent and other rental scams
#377159 by Michelle Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Hello,

About me:
Surname:Adams
Given Names:Khalid Ahmed
Date of Birth:12th November 1963

Flat Amenities :
Living room well furnished,Television (TV) that is connected to cable,Carpet,phone jack,tv,cable,duvet and linen supplied,Home amenities-Dishwasher,parking,plus free wireless broadband Internet and phone lines,Immaculate condition,security alarm fitted,washer and dryer,The kitchen comes with a cooking stove and refrigerator.
The flat is close to various bus and train stations where you can easily get to connect with every part of the city.

Prices:
Monthly Rent: 350 EURO ( Single room, with all bills inclusive).
Monthly Rent: 500 EURO ( Double room, with all bills inclusive).
Security deposit is required. It is the same amount with rent(A MONTH RENT) and it would be refunded back to you at the end of your stay in the apartment.

There is no limit amount of time spent in the flat, you can stay for as long as you wish.

Visitors are allowed.

Pets are not allowed.

Smoking is not allowed.

The flat is located at :
Egebjergvej 11, 8700 Horsens, Denmark
Horsens Train Station is a 5 minute drive away.

Find attached to this mail the pictures of the rooms for your viewing.

Best Regards,
Adams Khalid.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement