Room for Rent and other rental scams
#377515 by Michelle Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm
rom: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in my property, I sincerely apologize for the late response, I own this house and it is currently available for rent and move in ready.

I would have loved to show it to you myself but I already left for Texas where I live now. The house viewing sessions was concluded on Tuesday and I had to leave due to work and family emergencies and my husband is down with a severe leukemia. You are free to always drive by to look around, view the interiors through the windows and get back to me if satisfied. I can send you pictures of the house if you'll be needing it, I took down the ad already cos I'm satisfied with the number of people contacting me.

Then I can get the house secured for you if you are seriously interested and also I can set up an application from here. No app fee.

HOME DETAILS:

ADDRESS: 1205 S Stevens St, Tacoma, WA
( 3bedroom 1 bathroom, 916ft)

-it is available and move in ready
-The rent is $1050/month
-The security deposit is $950 (deposit covers all damages, refundable)

APPLIANCES/UTILITIES INCLUDED
Range/Oven, Laundry, Cooling/Heating, Refrigerator, Washer/Dryer, Water/Electricity/Sewage

Thanks, DONELLA CURCIO

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement