Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#364585 by jkp74 Tue May 15, 2018 3:31 am
My wife just got into similar problem with an online sales.
The buyer was threatening her to refund $500 for a transfer that he made for $517. The price agreed was only $17. But he said the oversea bank cannot transfer $17. Must be $517. He said that his was scotia bank europe. He told my wife that she needs to refund the $500 first then only the $517 will go through.
My wife didn't budge and he started threatening my wife about her going to jail etc....
Advertisement

#364647 by AlanJones Tue May 15, 2018 4:13 am
Just block the scammer and ignore all contact.

Please post all the email addresses, phone numbers that he is using for other victims to find.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#374183 by Alex465 Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 am
Thanks for this thread! :=)

You guys saved my money. Just a while ago I received the same format of email when I tried to sell an item in Mudah.my. My concern is how does Mudah.my can block all these scammers from getting victims.

Again thanks guys and always be vigilant.
#376317 by AlanJones Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 am
They are both scam addresses.

Both are free email addresses, which a legitimate bank would never use.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#378152 by Jxin11 Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:54 pm
I have the same email. I’m selling my stuff at Mudah malaysia apps!

His email from :[email protected]

Email sent by the guy:
This confirms that you have received a payment of RM 588.00 from Ahmad Huzaifi Bin Mohamed via Scotia Bank Merchandise Payment Service which was accepted..

Reversals: This method of payment can not be REVERSED or CANCELLED. Payment have been deducted from the sender's account.

Transfer Approved ***PENDING**

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

Important Notice: We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

We want you to understand that here at Scotia Bank our top most concern is to serve you better in terms of security.

We want you to understand that this is an international transaction and the sum of RM 88.00 cannot be received by you because it was insufficient to be approved by our database and it's the International Banking Policy.

The least amount that can be approved starts from RM 588.00. We are sending you this message because we have already deducted an additional RM 500.00 from your buyer's account (Automatically) so that it could reach the limit of transfer.

Therefore, we urge you to REFUND the balance of RM 500.00 making an instant transfer to our agent account via bank transfer or ATM machine CDM and send us the copy of the transfer confirmation/receipt for verification so that the total sum of RM 588.00 would be unlocked and credited into your account immediately.
Transfer Funds To Account Below:

ACCOUNT NAME : Honarius Basil

BANK NAME : MAYBANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 16004532807

Once the transfer has been done by you, Please reply us with the proof of transfer confirmation here [email protected]

Note: You MUST complete this transaction because the payment have been deducted from your buyer's account, and failure to get it done will attract extra pending charges for a pending transaction. We kindly URGE you to get it done immediately you get this message.

Pls dun add the contact: 016
7618135! Is scammer!
#379502 by Miss zara99 Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:51 am
Hi. I want just a confirmation.

Today i have a bad situation. So i want asking here for my advice.

This confirms that you have received a payment of RM 560.00 from Ahmad Huzaifi Bin Mohamed via Scotia Bank Merchandise Payment Service which was accepted..

Reversals: This method of payment can not be REVERSED or CANCELLED. Payment have been deducted from the sender's account.

Transfer Approved ***PENDING**

Seller's Bank Details (As Provided by the buyer):

Name:
Amanda Nur Izara
Bank Name:
Account Number:
MAY BANK
MALAYSIA (MY)

Bank Details Status:

Verified!

Important Notice: We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

We want you to understand that here at Scotia Bank our top most concern is to serve you better in terms of security.

We want you to understand that this is an international transaction and the sum of RM 60.00 cannot be received by you because it was insufficient to be approved by our database and it's the International Banking Policy.

The least amount that can be approved starts from RM 560.00. We are sending you this message because we have already deducted an additional RM 500.00 from your buyer's account (Automatically) so that it could reach the limit of transfer.

Therefore, we urge you to REFUND the balance of RM 500.00 making an instant transfer to our agent account via bank transfer or ATM machine CDM and send us the copy of the transfer confirmation/receipt for verification so that the total sum of RM 560.00 would be unlocked and credited into your account immediately.

AGENT BANK PAYMENT DETAILS

ACCOUNT NAME : JINEA ANAK BUJAK

BANK NAME : MAY BANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 111113210099

Once the transfer has been done by you, Please reply us with the proof of transfer confirmation here [email protected]

Note: You MUST complete this transaction because the payment have been deducted from your buyer's account, and failure to get it done will attract extra pending charges for a pending transaction. We kindly URGE you to get it done immediately you get this message.

Please, If you need to ask a question or help, Reply to this email. [email protected] .This mailbox is being monitored and you will receive a response as soon as possible
Thank you for using Scotia Bank!
The Scotia Bank Team.
Scotia Bank © 2018 All Rights Reserve

All rights reserved. Scotia Bank (Europe) Limited is Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the Netherlands, Europe and World Wide as An Electronic Instant Money Transfer Institution.

Scotia Bank FSA Register Number: 2260

THIS TRANSACTION IS BEEN MONITORED BY THE INTERPOL AND FBI

Is that a scammer right. Because he sent me into a Scam Inbox
#381363 by Donny575 Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm
So,I have make an ad on mudah.my
I sold for rm1700
Then a man came and WhatsApp me,after the procedure

He said I need to pay rm400
And he also said after I pay half I get the money.

So, I bank in rm200 to his agent
Then, he said the bank cannot transfer the money bcs of insufficient fund
At that time,I felt weird..it was a Singaporean (David Yukon)don't know if it's a true name,and he sent me using this email [email protected]
Is this a true Scotia Bank email....and what should I do now?
#381364 by AlanJones Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:50 pm
It's a scam. Legitimate banks don't use Gmail email addresses and they don't ask recipients of transfers to make a payment to enable them to receive their funds.

#397312 by asyyhh Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am
Dear ( My name)

This confirms that you have received a payment of RM 537.00 from Mohammad hamid via Scotia Bank Merchandise Payment Service which was accepted..

Transfer Approved ***PENDING***

Seller's Bank Details (As Provided by the buyer):

Name:
(My name)

Bank Name:
Account Number:
Maybank
MALAYSIA (MY)

Bank Details Status:

Verified!

We want you to understand that this is an international transaction and the sum of RM 37.00 cannot be received by you because it was insufficient to be approved by our database and it's the International Banking Policy.

The least amount that can be approved starts from RM 537.00. We are sending you this message because we have already deducted an additional RM 500.00 from your buyer's account (Automatically) so that it could reach the limit of transfer

Therefore, we urge you to REFUND the balance of RM 500.00 making an instant transfer to our agent account via bank transfer or ATM machine CDM and send us the copy of the transfer confirmation/receipt for verification so that the total sum of RM 537.00 would be unlocked and credited into your account immediately.

AGENT BANK PAYMENT DETAILS

ACCOUNT NAME :Siti Najihah Muhammad

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 7065519224

BANK NAME :Cimb bank

Please, If you need to ask a question or help, Reply to this email. [email protected] mailbox is being monitored and you will receive a response as soon as possible
Thank you for using Scotia Bank!
The Scotia Bank Team.
Scotia Bank © 2019 All Rights Reserve

All rights reserved. Scotia Bank (Europe) Limited is Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the Netherlands, Europe and World Wide as An Electronic Instant Money Transfer Institution.

Scotia Bank FSA Register Number: 2260

THIS TRANSACTION IS BEEN MONITORED BY THE INTERPOL AND FBI

Please reply this as soon as posible. Are this a scammer? The email they want me to reply is [email protected]