Room for Rent and other rental scams
#378862 by Michelle Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message and I'm sorry for my delayed answer.
The property is still for rent so if you are interested please get back to me and I will give more photos and details about it.
Also give me some information about you (photos, jobs, lifestyle or whatever you think makes a good tenant) and confirm the following:
- How many people will live in the property;
- When would you like to move-in; (exact date)
- What is the duration of the lease you would like;
- When are the most suitable hours / days to see the property?

Looking forward for your answer.

Sincerely,
Kelly Noriko

Thank you for answering my questions.
The property is in excellent condition, very beautiful and clean, as you can see in the photos attached to this email. The rental price is $800 per month with the following utilities included (heat/water, gas, electricity, trash removal, cable TV and internet). You also have to pay a $ 800 security deposit, which is refundable at the end of the rental agreement.

I'm ready to set up an inspection, but I'm in Canada right now and I can't travel and meet with every potential tenant.
Last week I came there to meet with some couples who were interested, but no one was present at the meetings; and I think you can imagine that it's not very comfortable to fly back and forth from Canada to the US, especially when work commitments are made.

So if you're interested, I can arrange the rental process through Airbnb - an international company that deals mainly with apartment rentals.
We can organize an inspection with them in the next few days, and then, if you like the apartment, we can prepare the rental agreement and set the date of your move-in.
I will pay the Airbnb fees, so there will be no extra cost for you.
Let me know if you're interested and I will explain you the rental process.

Best Regards,
Kelly Noriko

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement