Information on romance scams and scammers.
#379103 by ha26bulusan26 Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:34 am
Good Day..

I think I just scammed.

I met a guy, hes name is Sgt. Henry Saliger last July 2018 in a dating app. That time, he was based in Al Dhafra Airbase here in Abu Dhabi. Everything is ok, we chatted, got time to know each other, bur never saw him in person. After a month, he said he will be moved to Turkey Airbase. He said I need to renew his connection, without hesitation, I renewed his fees worth 200 dollars. His deployment there is about to end last September 2018. He asked me to pay EWXT fee worth 523 dollars, so I paid it again. He send me also his Air ticket Booking flight. So I believed him. But unfortunately, he ran out of camp because his Boss is very strict. They locked him for two weeks in Dubai Camp, no communication from him. After 2 weeks, they returned him in Turkey Camp. This December 2018, I paid again his EWXT fee worth 523 dollars.

Lets moved forward, I got an email from Military Forum <[email protected]> last December 24,2018
this is the email:

Hello XXX

This is to inform you that your husband SGT Henry won't be back home this month coz of some reason. Its true that some troops are back but we promise you that you will surely see your husband in January and mind you.
You don't have to pay any EWXT payment. No payment involved OK
We are very sorry for the inconvenient for more information contact your source.

THANKS........

January is nearing, he will go here in XXX as he said, but his connection will be cut next week, and asking again to renew it.

I am really depressed right now. Reading all the comments in this forum, I think I was scammed.

Please help me.
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#379105 by AlanJones Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:21 am
I'm sorry, but you have definitely been scammed. The military never have to pay for leave and would not communicate with outsiders regarding individual soldiers.

Please can you post the full details of the fake soldier, including any email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.

The best thing for you to do now is totally block him and stop responding. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, he will just try to deny it. Just totally disappear.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#379106 by ha26bulusan26 Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 am
Hi Sir @Allan Jones,

I dont have any contact details with him. We are communicating via Kik app.

Is [email protected] a legit email from US military. About their connection fee, is really limited there and asking for a renewal fee? He is in Tukey based right now. Usually, when I send money, he always check in their forum. Last time, I send money thru Moneygram in Ukraine.

Please enlighten me.
I am really depressed.

Thank you.
#379107 by AlanJones Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:36 am
The whole thing is a scam. The email address is fake.
Last bumped by ha26bulusan26 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:36 am.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.