HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#379461 by rokugo Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:49 pm
Hi everyone,

I've been baiting a 419 scammer and the good people at 419eater.com pointed me to this forum to share the emails I have been sending / receiving with the scammer.

I'm sorry if I've got the wrong place, but if somebody can confirm that I have the right place, I'll post what I've got so far (2 scammer email addresses, fake names, bank account details [Swift code, IBAN, account no. etc.]).

Anyway, it's great to see there's a community for stifling these scumbags.

All the best,
Rokugo.
Advertisement

#379471 by AlanJones Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:27 am
You can post the details here viewforum.php?f=7, please post the actual emails you received along with the email addresses etc..

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#379790 by rokugo Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 pm
I recently received another email from the scammer, this time with a moneygram account.

I've tried reporting this account to moneygram themselves to see if they could do anything about it, but all I got back was an automated response.

If there's nowhere I can go to report my findings, what's the point in me scam baiting?

Anyway, I'll paste the email in the thread I've started regarding the scammer I'm baiting.
#379845 by TheScamHater Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am
We do not encourage victims to remain in contact with scammers, if you wish to learn how to bait safely then do it at our sister site 419eater.com

Scammers use Money Gram because it is untraceable, there is virtually nothing Money Gram can and will do with your report.

Do not send money (especially Western Union Money Gram) to a stranger on the Internet! It's a scam! No matter the reason! Don't trust them!

DO NOT tell a scammer his information is posted here or you know he is a fraud