If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#379683 by Beingscammedsucks Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 am
I met this person on Linkedin. I was messaged by this individual who began a simple conversation with me. Then they asked more questions, about jobs, careers etc. Later they offered to help me find a job in Dubai, which I would love. So I sent them my resume and cover letter. Not once did I imagine it was a scammer I had befriended. So, I emailed him my resume and cover letter. We continued to message each other, getting to know each other. Later he informed me that the job had already been filled but he would continue to try to help me. This went on for a few days. After much texting back and forth we eventually began talking on WhatsApp. He started to talk to me romantically and I fell for it. He was extremely handsome according to the photos and didn’t think that maybe he was not real. We even spoke a few times on WhatsApp. Then one day we were chatting and he mentioned having a check deposited in my account. Right then I smelled something fishy. I was suspicious. This character though was very manipulative. I ended up searching his name on google and found nothing about him. Then I did a reversed image search and found that this picture was being used by various scammers! I couldn’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it. I had fallen for this person. He was everything I had ever imagined. I ended up sending screen shots of the pictures on the scammer websites and the person then made me feel guilty, how could I not trust him,.someone stole his identity, blah blah blah. I still wished he was real. I did report this individual to Linkedin and they ended up blocking this individual from their account, he contacted me asking why I had reported him. I said that I thought his account had been hacked. I finally contacted another site and spoke with them to verify that this individual is certainly a scammer and they said absolutely, the original person lives in Canada and has been having his photos used for years. I have to admit this makes me terribly sad. I was vulnerable and because I have had zero love for eight years I fell. The worst part is he involved my children in his ploy. From now on I will double check whomever I talk to. I surely will not fall again.
Advertisement

#379684 by AlanJones Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 am
Thanks for posting.

Please help the scammer's other victims by posting all the details you have about him - his name, any email addresses, telephone numbers etc.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#379891 by Beingscammedsucks Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:31 pm
So to follow up and to provide more information: I did report this person to Linkedin and they got blocked. This individual continued to try to contact me but after I received the check, which I got rid of, I blocked all contact from them. The name that was used was Alfred Jaxon Denison. Also Alfred Denison. They claim that they love you, they wouldn’t do anything to hurt you. Blah blah blah. I feel so angry that one could play on your emotions. The sons supposed name is Calvin Denison. Which I know is false as well. I am glad I didnt fall for it but try telling that to my heart. :? Email used [email protected] or [email protected] I hope this helps.