Room for Rent and other rental scams
#379723 by Michelle Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:22 pm
dream houses <[email protected] wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiry about my house. Yes the home is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. My wife and i just moved to Nevada,United state for a program called Health Resources and Services Administration( HRSA), the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, UK, USA . We will be there for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.

To be honest with you we are new in all this because this is the first time we are having to rent out our house personally. We tried using a Realtor but found out the Realtor made the rent and deposit too high for the aspiring tenant so you may notice the renting is different in amount to the one earlier posted by my former Realtor, that is the reason why i had to post the house personally with the exact price i know it is suitable for my home. We have made the monthly rent significantly low and affordable and we are also flexible to different ideas the prospective tenant would want to take to payoff the rent and security deposit that would not make the tenant feel renting my home involves lots of money.

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans,Internet service, Dishwasher, Firepit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF MY PROPERTY;

Address: 4057 Bramford Dr Shelby Township, MI 48317

Bedroom: 3

Bathroom: 2

Price: $1000(Monthly rent utilities included); Deposit: $900 Fully refundable)

Pets: Allowed(as long as they are not destructive)

The house is ready for immediate move-in and also future move-in..UTILITIES ARE ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE RENT(utilities included such as Heat, Central AC, window, Garbage Disposal,Fireplace, Fridge, stove, Dishwasher, Dryer,internet access etc) AND LEASE IS 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR WITH OPTION OF LEASE TO OWN. Please read my e-mail carefully before replying to the mail, so i can forward you the rental application form for you to fill out so i and my wife can get to know more about you regarding my house.

Here is the application form i would want you to fill out and email me back to me this will show me how interested you are in renting my house.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name: __________?

Phone numbers(home,cell and office line)#:__________?

Marital Status(Sex):__________?

How many proposed occupants:__________?

List all in addition to yourself including approx age(s):__________?

Present home Address :__________?

Do you have pets:__________?

Please describe Breed/size/Personality of pet:__________?

Present occupation:__________?

Monthly Income:_______________?

Do you work late night(work hours):__________?

Length of previous tenancy :__________?

Brief Rental History:__________________?

When do you plan to move in, please write exact date:__________?

Intended length of lease:__________?

Habits;

Do you smoke/drink:__________?

Do you party late:___________?

Do you disturb your neighborhood with noise(Loud music etc):________?

Credits;

Good/Bad:_______________?

Criminal record(YES/NO):_______?

Bankruptcy:__________?

Do you agree to make a down payment before you move in:__________?

If you are asked to make a down payment to secure the unit today and take it off market, How much will you be able to pay:__________?

Attach a driver's id_____________?

3 References:______________________?

I ___________________, Certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP so that we can proceed further.

Thanks and God Bless you.

Joanne Lafoy and Family

My wife and I have gone through your rental questionnaire and have found it satisfactory by us, so we will say at this point “Congratulations" you are now our tenant and we want you to always pay your Monthly rental fee on time to avoid any form of embarrassment. My family will be receiving the refundable security deposit $900 as a down payment so as to secure our home for you and take it off market which automatically makes no one contact us for the same property you are renting. I will want you to know that you can come up with either the security deposit or the first month rent so that you can secure it now and have an edge over other applicants.

My Family will also be signing on the rental/lease Agreement of the property and have it shipped along with the keys to your present home address. As soon as the deposit payment has been confirmed,l will go ahead and commence on the shipment of the keys, house documentations,receipt of payment(All Packaged) and have them sent to your present home address via (FedEx courier service) on next day delivery which takes less than 6hours to get to your present mailing address which you will have to reconfirm to avoid any form of mistakes, Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that l can start making arrangement for the shipment.

The rent starts counting whenever you move in, so i would advise you to go ahead and make the down payment of the deposit today so as to get an edge over other applicants, Can you please re confirm your present home address? And upon receiving the down payment of the deposit, I will take the property off every market and also secure the property for you till your move in date, Besides securing the property i will also have the package including the house keys and other paperwork's shipped out and i will have the tracking# sent to you so you can know the delivery status which will take overnight to deliver to you, and if you don't like the inside of the house the deposit will be refunded back to you asap then you will mail me back my keys and document but i am very sure you will love the house. When do you plan moving into our home when you receive the keys; Let me know immediately so that we can make arrangement on your move in date. Get back to me for payment information.

`

Also I have two other tenants that are ready to make 3 month Upfront Payment, But i declined their offer, because the don't have good credits and good reference, but i chose you because i believe you have good rental history and good credits , So please promise me you are going to take good care of my house...

N:B "Note that the keys and documents of my house will be sent to you as soon as you agreed with terms So please do get back to me today so that I will let know the next step to take concerning the payment. Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance to the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home."

Thanks.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement