HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#379097 by tonywong Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:51 pm
I am still fairly inexperience in the dating scene. I have a couple of experience on match.com of which girls tell me to go off the dating site and chat with text messages or google voice instead.

And when things start to go smooth, the girls will tell me to send amazon or iTune giftcards.

I usually refuse to send, and as a result the girls stop responding to my messages.

My question is simple. Is it genuine or normal for a girl to ask a guy to send gift cards they met on the internet, or is it most probably a scam?

Someone please give me some advise.
Advertisement

#379100 by AlanJones Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:32 am
Anyone who asks you to send money (or gift cards, bitcoins, presents) is a scammer.

The fact that they stop replying after you refuse to send it should be a big clue as to the fact that they have no interest in you, just in the money they can get you to send.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#380094 by Brandyfinegirl69 Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:43 pm
I have been talking to this “military” guy for awhile now. He said he needed $50 for an iTunes card to update his phone which made no sense to me but I was stupid and gave him one. Now months later he is telling me he needs “not much money” $850 to be able to file the paperwork for leave to come home to “meet me” which first of all is a hell of a lot of money. I am a single mother of two kids and don’t have this kind of money and was wondering if maybe this was a scam??
#380095 by Mike Wilson Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Hello Brandyfinegirl69, it is a scam ts steal money from you.

Stop all contact with this criminal and do not tell them that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and let them wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#380107 by Brandyfinegirl69 Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:03 pm
[quote="Mike Wilson"]Hello Brandyfinegirl69, it is a scam ts steal money from you.

Stop all contact with this criminal and do not tell them that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and let them wonder what. . .

Is their a way to report his name, username, email and telephone number so no one else gets scammed??
#380108 by Mike Wilson Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 am
You an post thr information here to alert others to he scam

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon