HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#380617 by Duder Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:30 am
On an online game "words with friends" by Zynga. By the name James Mark 55 year old. Very polite n more interested in chatting than playing the game. Tells me he has a daughter 11 years old, his wife died 8 years ago. He seemed forced in his way to "I want to be your friend". He was polite but stupid. I wondered where he studied so I looked up universities in "Atlanta, Gorgia" he confirmed he went to Clark university. Asked me for my email, very sweet in his words .. I refused saying "play the game dude" but ended up giving my email! Because he "uses Google hangouts much more". He builds up the story of where n where he is and that his daughter is in a boarding school and that it's very difficult for him in apello Syria . I went online n downloaded the list of all un doctors in apello, Syria. Because I had a strong nagging feeling that he was lying. He was looking for "someone to take care of his daughter". Then I came across a spam portal with the same story- Sonia, dead wife, un doctor. Lol . I can't believe I fell for this shit. I told him I know he's lying n asked him why he was doing it. After some silence he replied. "I need money. I am a student. I need to make living." I did some moral policing. He/she said "you wouldn't understand" . I knew I wouldn't. I blocked him on hangouts. Changed passwords. N found this forum to vent out. N ask if they follow up emails to hack?
Advertisement

#380618 by Duder Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:33 am
I think they're a group of well studied international students with good communication skills employed by some nasty dude. They're in need of money to make ends meet. They're all taught the same story. To narrate. It's a loophole. The fees for international students is so high, while the part-time jobs are lowpaying. So such weird companies are born.
#380619 by AlanJones Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:35 am
They're most likely young west Africans using fake email addresses, stolen photos and scripted replies.

They have no interest in hacking you, just in scamming you out of money by asking you to help them out of some emergency that will occur further done the line.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.