Room for Rent and other rental scams
#380724 by Michelle Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:50 pm
"HomeAway.com" <[email protected]>

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email.

We will like to inform you that the villa has 8 bedrooms. You will receive the property contact`s after the payment is received into our bank account.

Thank you for your cooperation, we remain available for any further information.

Thanks,
The HomeAway.com Team

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake!
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#381341 by Michelle Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:53 am
HomeAway.com <[email protected]>

Hello,
We would like to inform you that you have an agreement in standby with HomeAway.

The package ( keys and contract ) is in our custody and you will visit the apartment with one of our HomeAway agents. According to our policy the next step is for you to transfer the money to one of our bank accounts. If by any reason you do not agree to rent the apartment, you will receive a full refund from HomeAway in the same day (including money transfer expenses).

In order to begin this transaction we will need your written confirmation as an agreement to our terms and conditions, by replying to this email with the sentence : " I agree! "
Please note that without a reply from your side, the status will remain PENDING and the request will be canceled by default after 24 hours.

As soon as we will have your confirmation, we will send you an invoice containing our HomeAway bank account. After this step is completed, one of our agents will contact you in order to schedule a visit to the apartment.

Thank you for choosing HomeAway!
Victoria Cotter ,Trust and Safe HomeAway Department
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail is confidential. It is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.
** Norton Antivirus scanned this email for viruses**

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake!
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.