HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#380811 by mmjual2 Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:34 am
Hello, can someone knock some sense into my elderly parents that this is a scam. Buyer and seller in Hongkong. Money has been paid for legal fees and their willingvto pay for more. Even going to Hong Kong. Middle man called William, lawyer called StewartJ.Balard, seller named Mr.LIKAIJIUNN
Advertisement

#380813 by AlanJones Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:54 am
It's a definite scam, but you're going to have to provide a lot more details for us to be able to provide you with evidence to convince your parents.

What email addresses and telephone numbers are being used. Where did they first meet the seller. Have they been given any websites.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#380814 by mmjual2 Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:11 am
AlanJones wrote:It's a definite scam, but you're going to have to provide a lot more details for us to be able to provide you with evidence to convince your parents.

What email addresses and telephone numbers are being used. Where did they first meet the seller. Have they been given any websites.

The middle man is the one they are relying on. Mayb he is being scammed scammed too. They have given all the documents so called legit; KYC, SKR, photos, proof of life video.

I have googled this, but google keeps giving me websites of buyers. And all this procedures. I have shown numerous versions of the golden gun boxes, but they are convinced that theirs is the real one.

I am even keen to hire a PI in HK to show them this is all a scam. If u have any suggestions, pls point me in the right direction.

Thank you
#380815 by AlanJones Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 am
The middle man is almost certainly part of the scam, but without the details I mentioned before, there really is nothing we can do to help. We deal with Internet scammers and prove the scams by showing that the people are not who they claim to be, by researching the email addresses, etc that they are using.

The reason though that you can find no real information on these is that they are not going to be being sold to random members of the public, who I assume were initially contacted by the seller/middle man either on social media or via email.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#380842 by AlanJones Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:28 pm
I'm sorry, but the source of this deal is all the confirmation that I need to know 100% that this is a scam.

I don't have a clue whether these "golden gun boxes" really exist or how many of them there are if they do, as I have found no independently verifiable website that provides information on them, just lots of dodgy websites and adverts claiming to be either selling them or trying to buy them. I can say for certain though that comments on posts on LinkedIn is not somewhere that deals like this would be advertised.

The people "selling" them are trying to scam victims like your parents and those buying them are trying to get hold of photos and documentation so that they can use those in future as evidence that they have them so they can scam others.

The poster on LinkedIn claims to be the manager of a hotel in Malaysia:
CHIEW TIENG CHIENG
Manager di M hotel malaysia

My boss holding a ggb in Hong Kong safekeeping at Ferrari any interested buyer please contact throught my email [email protected] bond worth 300b USD

#380843 by AlanJones Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:31 pm
Here are some of the other comments from scammers on that page:
Louis Lew
Managing Director at Master emporio import & export Pte ltd
I have golden gun boxes. R u interested?
If so please contact me at WhatsApp
+65 9373 8883. Thanks

Marc Bacta
Driver at Grab
[email protected]

Im from philippines, i had a golden gun, here,email me

Hi,im from the philippines,is there anyone interested to buy a golden gun box?

Aldo Berardi
Computer Hardware Professional

I have a seller in Texas USA that has four boxes if interested please contact me at [email protected]

Miss K Tolentino
sole proprietor at N/A

Hi Frank! We have a golden gun here in South Philippines and hope we can connect, here is my e-mail address [email protected] hope to hear from you!