Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
Advertisement

#380841 by AlanJones Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:16 pm
Thanks for posting. The fake domain petraenergiasa.com was only registered at the start of the year by someone using a proxy service to hide their identity:

Creation Date: 2019-01-01T16:13:25.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-01-01T16:13:25.00Z

Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.

From the fake website petraenergiasa.com:
HEADQUARTERS
UNITED KINGDOM OFFICE
125 London Wall
London, EC2Y 5AS

+44-203000-2697

UNITED STATES OFFICE
Opening Soon

--

BRAZIL OFFICE

Av. Rodrigo Castilho de Avelar 875, Loja: 01;
Patos De Minas, Minas Gerais, 38706--706

+55-1131382000

[email protected]

Clicking on links on the fake website opens pop up windows with adverts on, many of which are dubious or adult in nature. This is not something that a legitimate company would do on its website.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#380848 by questionsbymee Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:54 pm
gisticks wrote:Mod Note: Split from this topic viewtopic.php?f=34&t=171391

An extremely similar situation is happening to me right now. The company's name is Petra Energia and they have pretty much said the same stuff as you have mentioned above. Their company's email is [email protected]
If you get an email from them please disregard.

Hi
I have been in contact with this "company" for a few weeks now. I was just wondering what happened in your situation because I want to be sure that this is a scam. Do they even have an office in the UK? Is the address posted on their website fake? I'm very confused and worried , your help would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.
#380852 by AlanJones Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 pm
I would have thought that the 1 month old website and dodgy pop up adverts on it would be enough to tell you it is a scam.

The company may well exist in Brazil, but if they do it is not them that you are in contact with. They definitely do not exist in the UK - that can be confirmed here by searching the UK companies register - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/sear ... ra+Energia

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#380859 by PaladinTB Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:46 am
I too have been in contact with this company. I’ve had a suspicion that something wasn’t right due to the lack of digital footprint and lack of interviews. Their employment contract also specifies the year 2017 and 2012 rather than our current calendar year. I really wish this offer was real but I sincerely doubt it through the Rushing of the employment process, my phone interactions with lack of professionalism, and the general lack of data. Any other information or experiencenyall have would be great too!
#380874 by Tim Atem Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:16 am
As Alan already confirmed, it is a scam. Stop all communication with them and ignore any further emails from them. Are they still using the same email address and website?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#380905 by gisticks Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:28 pm
This is completely a scam, I had my uncle who lives in London go up to the listed address. There is no company named "Petra Energia S.A." in that building. Furthermore, if you go to UK's immigration website there is a PDF file where all the companies that are allowed to sponsor you for a visa are listed. This company is not listed there. Here's the link to the PDF file (all the names are in alphabetical order): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... onsors.pdf
#380908 by PaladinTB Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 pm
Good to know. Also their immigration firm also doesn’t exist and it’s domain was created yesterday. Imtheir procedures also don’t follow international protocol and will just get you scammed. So do not give them any personal and banking information. To actually get a work visa you have to be in contact with the UK immigration office as well as DHS
#380909 by AlanJones Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:41 pm
PaladinTB wrote:Also their immigration firm also doesn’t exist and it’s domain was created yesterday.

Could you post the details of their fake immigration firm. Some victims may be searching for that.

#380946 by AlanJones Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:31 pm
They will charge you fees for non-existent work permits and visas and possibly deposits for accommodation rental.

#381017 by Terminator5 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:15 am
Thanks for posting that additional Website . Someone will look into it .

Guildford Immigration, guildfordimmigration.com, +44-20 7060-6229, FAKE UK IMMIGRATION LAW FIRM .

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=171724

Daniel 8 :25
#381296 by Kell10512 Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 am
Hello all,

John from the United States here. I have just recently received a far too generous offer of employment from Petra Energia and was not at all surprised to see them on your site.

The following email had 2 .PDF attachments with it and I will gladly submit them is someone will tell me how.

Thanks for helping me to avoid this pitfall.

Cheers!

John from America

******** Text of Email***********

Dear John,
I am pleased to inform you that you have been successful in your application for employment with Petra Energia S.A
Please take the time to review our formal offer. The attached employment contract sets out the terms and conditions under which you are offered employment with Petra Energia S.A. Please let me know if you have any questions or I can provide any additional information.
As part of your relocation, we're offering compensation. On arrival, the country benefits manager will schedule a meeting with you to discuss important details about your additional compensation, benefits, and other terms.
Please indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating this agreement within 3 business days.
Upon receipt of your signed acceptance, it is just a few formalities away from getting you down to the United Kingdom. The company's designated relocation solicitors will contact you to begin administering the relocation process.
It is important for you to note that you will be responsible for financing costs relating to your relocation and visa application. The total cost will be taken into account and the company will pay a reimbursable amount and your relocation benefits after your work permit has been issued. The company cannot make these payments on your behalf because companies like ours, who hire foreigners, are prevented from having a financial relationship with new employees until your work permit is approved.
In accepting our offer of employment, you certify your clear understanding of these terms. If you are not in acceptance, please do not sign the offer.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team.
Got questions? Feel free to email us or call.
Yours sincerely,
Dr. Nicholas Perreira Interim Recruitment Director
Petra Energia S.A | Human Resources
p: +44-203000-2697 Dial Ext. 2 for Human Resources f: +44-872352-3770
m: +44-703193-6965
w: http://www.petraenergiasa.com

e: [email protected]

a: 125 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5AS