HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#381181 by Swebster Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:42 pm
I was contacted on plenty of fish from a man, says he is a senior master sergeant in the Air Force,works in intelligence under the 14NX ? he asked me to get on "hangouts Id " to communicate with him. We have been talking nonstop for 3 1/2 weeks he has been very polite and respectful. Says he is retiring this month when he returns from being on deployment in the Middle East. Everything was going great, and I trusted everything he said that he was stationed out of Hollobook Air Force base in NM, that he has a house there, his son is a boarding school there and the name matched up... to his location. Then last night he asked if I cld run by Best Buy and get him an ITunes card so he cld buy some books and he didn't want his device to mess up. Of course I sent no money or didn't get him a card I told him I didn't have any money... he was like it's fine no prob... his profile pics on POF show him and his son, and he sent me pics of him in his uniform and fatigues... I really believed everything he said and it all matched when I googled... can you help me see if this is a scam, his name at least what he claims it to be is Joel Gann... plz help
Advertisement

#381184 by AlanJones Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 pm
Anyone who you meet on the web who asks you for money is 100% a scammer.

This scammer's story is identical to the vast majority of romance scammers claiming to be military. I expect that his wife either died from cancer or similar or they divorced due to her being unfaithful.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381190 by Terminator5 Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 pm
Members of the US Military have their own money . They don't need to beg from strangers on they just met on the Internet . Can you please post a direct link to his POF Profile so we can look at it ?

Thanks

Daniel 8 :25