Room for Rent and other rental scams
#380677 by Mike Wilson Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:08 pm

Nolensstraat Rotterdam apartment

Hello,

This is Pascal, Daphne's husband.
Andre, the apartment is exactly as in the pictures. We explained our situation from the start. We are unable to come at the moment because we are very crowded at the chalet. We offered you a very safe and easy solution to close the transaction. Most of our clients use Homeaway services. They always make the payment first, to Homeaway. The money stays in their custody until the first day of vacation.

The same situation is here. You have to make the payment to Homeaway. The money will be in their custody until you will check the apartment and confirm if you are satisfied. Only with your approval Homeaway will release the money to me. After the apartment inspection, if you decide not to rent it, you will be refunded in full by Homeaway the next day.

I don't know what else I can say. This is the only solution that offers protection for both of us. I also included a copy of my I.D. and a draft contract to read and to confirm if you want to add something up.

We wait for your e-mail as soon as possible to confirm if you want to continue or not.

Pascal

Hello xxxx,

The monthly rent includes g/w/e. Tv and internet are already installed but not included in the rent. We already have a contract with Nuon and Ziggo/kpn (for internet and tv). If you have contracts in the house you live now, it's possible to take them with you. The tv/internet fees are 37euro per month. The storage room has 15m2 enough space to deposit quite a lot of furniture in case you want to bring some of your own. The apartment is suitable for 2 people who can both register at the municipality.

You can start renting the apartment from 1st of February or from 15th of February if it's more convenient for you. The contract will also include the possibility of renewal (with you having the first right to extend the contract) and with a notice period of 1 month in case you want to move out sooner.

Regarding the payment, we request a 2 months pay + 500 euro refundable deposit at the end of your stay if no damage has been done to the apartment.

Let me explain the steps that we must follow in order to use Homeaway's services:
- I will need your full name and address so I can send you the keys and contract;
- I will list the apartment on the Homeaway website and forward you the link so you can request a booking;
- After completing the booking request, Homeaway will send you the invoice so you can make the payment in order to confirm the apartment reservation. The payment will be in their custody until you will inspect the apartment. As soon as Homeaway confirms that the payment is in their custody, I will start the delivery of the keys and contract at the address provided;
- Homeaway will release the money only with your approval and only after the apartment inspection. After you will inspect the apartment, you will have 24 hours to decide whether you will rent it or not.

If you agree with the steps, I wait for your e-mail with your full name and address.

Regards,
Daphne

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#381170 by Heyy Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:03 am
I have received the same email. I want to rent an apartment in Netherlands and they sent me the same email but from this email address:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

They want to send money with homeaway or Airbnb in a bank account.
#381224 by Heyy Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 am
This scammer are still online.
Whatsapp: 06 84 446978

[email protected] - Te huur 3 kamers Appartement 86m Utrecht 600 euro
[email protected] - 3 Kamers Rotterdam (centrum) voor 550€
[email protected] - Te Huur 2 Kamers Amsterdam 65 m2 620 euro
[email protected] - Te huur in Centrum 550€ Eindhoven
[email protected] - Appartement Den Haag 3 kamers 82m 560 euro
#381682 by Heyy Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:55 am
[email protected] Kamer huren: Anna Paulownastraat in Den Haag 350 euro

Furnished furnished studio for rent in a very clean building on the 3rd floor. This flat contains 1 living room with bed room, 1 American kitchen, 1 shower room. The heating in this apartment is private electricity. Rent: 350 € including charges
============================
Mooi appartement met twee slaapkamers
https://apartment23.weebly.com/ they use this link to get your informations!!
SCAM!

======
[email protected]
Appartement 2 Kamers in Eindhoven

========
[email protected]

Te huur Appartement Bomanshof in Eindhoven - 1400 euro
===========
[email protected]
Appartement (centrum) 3 kamers in Den Haag 560 euro
============
[email protected] Te Huur: 3 Kamers Appartement in Rotterdam 550 euro