Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#381303 by Terminator5 Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:59 pm
Just copy and paste the text in the pdf files . Just like you did with the email . If your still unable to get them posted message me .

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#381306 by Terminator5 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:21 pm
FOR THE GOOGLE BOTS:

p: +44-203000-2697 Dial Ext. 2 for Human Resources
+44-2030002697
+442030002697

f: +44-872352-3770
+44 8723523770
+448723523770

m: +44-703193-6965
+44 7031936965
+447031936965

#381313 by 55+laidoffCVX Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm
Part 1: 50+LaidOffCVX

I was nearly scammed by this fake company Petra Energia S.A. I had doubt in the beginning but I refused to believe it was fishy and hope that Petra Energia S.A. was on a recruiting Drive. I had 30 years experience working as a petroleum engineer with major oil companies. Four years ago a massive lay off from Chevron had me looking for jobs but unsuccessfully (mainly I am over 55 years old). I stopped corresponding with Petra Enegia as they asked me for my university diploma for verification.

Here is the story:
I received this email which disguised as a third party to rope me in:
====== ======= ======== ====
Trustars Consulting <[email protected]>
Mon, Jan 3, 1:02 PM
Hi Applicant,
My name's Chris Bradley, I'm an Account Manager here at Trustars Consulting. I really appreciate your taking the time to submit your resume to the Petroleum Engineer role through LinkedIn.
I had a chance to review your background, and i think you're a strong fit for the role.
You can send the company your resume directly through [email protected] for the first round online interview.
Thanks,
Chris
======= ============== ==================== =========
I sent my resume and two days later, I received the email from Dr. Nicholas Perreira. I was amused as I worked for 30 years I never come across an oil company hiring a Ph. D degree professional in the Human Resources Department.

===== =============== ============ ===============
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Petra Energia S.A and for taking the time to send us your updated resume.

Please complete the attached questionnaire and submit within two days or let us know in advance to reschedule a time that works best for you. The hiring process is very urgent, so we are trying to get things done within as little time as possible.

Kindly quote this reference number (PTEUK12928) if you send a fax, for easy identification.
This is a long-term contract position which requires you to work at our London - United Kingdom location for 7-months before relocating back to our new location in the United States. We offer you a highly competitive relocation package while would include fully serviced temporary living, a great lump sum payment, mortgage/realtor costs, moving/storage, great 401k match that includes a pension among other bonuses and benefits.

I am available to answer your questions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dr. Nicholas Perreira Interim Recruitment Director
Petra Energia S.A | Human Resources
p: +44-203000-2697 Dial Ext. 2 for Human Resources f: +44-872352-3770
m: +44-704560-4369
w: http://www.petraenergiasa.com

e: [email protected]

a: 125 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5AS
==== ============= ================== ====================== ===========

It include a company logo on the bottom of his signature.
Next, part 2 would show what they send me
#381314 by 55+laidoffCVX Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm
Part 2: 50+LaidOff CVX

I was a reservoir engineer but the questionnaire that “Dr. Nicholas Perreira” sent to me was cut and paste from some typical managerial interview questions (word-for-word, including comma) from some web sites such as https://www.luc.edu/hr/recruitmentguide ... wq's.shtml

Later, I found that Petra Energia's Questionnaire were exactly the same from another company (Nitro Pro) that send me a questionnaire earlier but I ignored.
=== ================ ====================== ==================
GENERAL INFORMATION
COMPLETE IN CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY.
1. TITLE (PROF/DR/MR/MRS/MS/OTHER SPECIFY):
2. FULL NAMES (NO ABBREVIATIONS):
3. NATIONALITY:
4. DATE OF BIRTH:
5. MARITAL STATUS:
6. PRESENT POSTAL ADDRESS:
7. CURRENT POSITION/SALARY:
8. LIST (2) POSITIONS YOU WILL LIKE TO OCCUPY WITH OUR COMPANY (WE HAVE VACANCIES IN ALL OUR DEPARTMENTS, SO WE'LL LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS):
9. SALARY EXPECTATION MONTHLY (BRITISH POUNDS):

For references, we will use anyone noted in your CV. Except you confirm otherwise.

VOLUNTARY INFORMATION
This information is being requested in accordance with federal regulations. The information is voluntary and will not be used when considering you for employment with our company.
Racial or Ethnic Group:
Do you have a Military Service background (Yes/No):

OTHER INFORMATION:
Question: Would it be a problem for you to relocate to the UK? How can we help you make your adaptation here easier?

Question: How long have you been looking out for a new job?

Question: Does your present job require decision making on your part? Describe your approach to making decisions and solving problems. Why do you do it this way?

Question: When you recommend something to management, what approach do you usually use?

Question: What areas are within your sphere of responsibility in your current position? How do, you make sure that you know what is happening (problems, changes, etc.)?

Question: What operating systems do you use to monitor and maintain control of your area of accountability?

Question: What responsibility do you have for budgeting? What budgeting method do you use?

Question: How do you delegate responsibility for an assignment? Who do you choose? What and how do you delegate, and what do you monitor and follow up?

Question: Do you have other employees work under you? If YES, how often do you evaluate them?

Question: How do you measure performance in your present company?

Question: How would you deal with “politics” in a work place?

Question: How do you typically get cooperation from someone in another department?

Question: Why would you think you are best fit for the position you hope to occupy?

Question: Would you like to ask us some questions?
============= ======================= ====================== ===========
Petra Energia S.A. also included their company profile in the same email to me with the Questionnaires. It really looked professional. I had applied to so many oil companies every week and I did not invest time to investigate this company and go ahead spending a full day of my time to answer their questionnaire.

Below is Petra Energia fake profile:
============= =============================== ===============
Petra Energia S.A 125 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5AS +44-203000-2697 [email protected]

BRIEF PROFILE

Petra Energia S.A is a UK based company engaged on oil and gas exploration in North America, Europe and South America. Petra Energia S.A, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas around the world. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Petra characterizes one of the most successful stories on Brazil's oil and gas frontier exploration, since the end of the monopoly of the oil industry in 1997. It holds the largest concession area onshore Brazil and is formed by a group of professionals with a history of excellence, motivated to create value through the exploration of new frontiers.

Our investment approach is based on a long-term perspective and development of the projects through providing funding and participation in management.

For our investments we select the companies that combine the best operational practices and business models and mentor them through key strategic and management decisions.

Our team has a broad experience and diversified knowledge in different business areas. The combination of the professional team and investment funds available allows the Petra Energia S.A to successfully achieve its goals.

We mainly focus on the companies operating in energy, oil and gas, mining sectors as well as infrastructure projects. Petra Energia S.A constantly monitors international market trends in order to implement innovative technologies in the Middle East, South America and Europe. We closely analyze the International oil and gas markets, the production and selling oil gas equipment as well as engineering, project works and services.

Through a Joint Venture agreement, the company has recently launched activities in the United Kingdom. Petra Energia S.A through partnership agreements holds a 50% share in two joint ventures operating in the United Kingdom.

Petra Energia S.A business represents a continuous process chain ranging from exploration and production of oil to its processing into top-quality oil products and a developed marketing and transportation system

Among the responsibilities of the office in the United Kingdom are commercial and support operations for the company in London, one of the world’s main financial centers. We inaugurated our first office for exploration and production issues in United Kingdom in 2015. The goal is to help incorporate the best technologies available in the world and remain on the cutting edge of technology.

Additionally, we intend to speed-up the development of the oil fields, particularly those in the 16 / 26, 130 miles north-east of Aberdeen. The field lies in a water depth of approximately 138m. Alba was discovered by Chevron in 1984 and came onstream in January 1994. The field contains estimated total oil-in-place reserves of approximately one billion barrels and has recoverable reserves of around 400 million barrels. Petra Energia S.A awarded Wood Group a three-year engineering and construction contract worth £1.4b in October 2016 for the North Sea fields. Wood Group will provide its services for the platforms located at the Alba, Captain and Erskine fields. The contract also has two options to extend the services by one year. The services will be provided for the Alba, Captain and Erskine platforms for five years. RBG was awarded a contract in May 2016 to provide electrical rope access services at Petra Energia S.A U.K North Sea fields. Petra Energia S.A will conduct electrical inspection and overhaul of the Alba, Captain and Erskine platforms.

Petra Energia S.A is keen to grow its core business in the United States and the United Kingdom through new exploration and acquisitions in the Weald and Isle of Wight.

To complement the effort of the United Kingdom project, the company will be hiring foreigners to join experienced Petra Energia S.A staff to build a diverse work force.

We are happy to go through our hiring process with you. I wish you good luck for this process and hopefully having you on the team soon.

Best,

Christopher Perry Head, International H.R Team Petra Energia S.A

========== =================== ==================== =================
#381315 by 55+laidoffCVX Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 pm
Part 3: 50+LaidOff CVX

Three days later, I received reply from Petra Energia SA:
=========== ================== =================
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your well-filled questionnaire outlining your experience.

Unfortunately, due to the distance and overwhelming response of applications and resumes we received, we are unable to contact each applicant in person to conduct an interview and further discuss how your experiences can benefit our company in particular. So this may serve as part of our interview. I hope this provides you with some clarity regarding our hiring process and look forward to you completing the process.

At this point, we will like you to call us immediately using the numbers below to complete a quick verification exercise. This is the company’s policy for hiring. If we do not receive a call from you, your application may be canceled.

We have a number of applicants to consider and will be in touch with you for the result of your application with you within three working days after the verification is completed.

Thank you again, for your interest in our company. We do appreciate the time you invested in this process.

Regards,
===== ============ =============== ====================
I received tons of spam mail and junk mail in my mail box and their email was overlooked. I did not open it until a day after they sent to me. Thinking that I lost the chance I did not bother to call them.

Then from Dr. Nicholas Perreira email address I thought I might as well look up their website http://petraenergiasa.com/
My virus detection software on my computer immediate alert alert me of an attack from this website:
Norton blocked an attack by: Web aTtack: Take Tech Support Domains.

It has a main home page and 3 other links on the top (Portfolio Team Contact).
On the main home page the map indicate the country of Peru as Brazil.... a big flashing warning light now alert me. There is no oil industry in the tiny country of Belize that I know of. Oil production in Uruguay and Paraguay are insignificant. So, it is definitely a scam. When I click on other weblink, it brought me to another website to download something else which definitely a big scam.

I just was disappointed but felt good that I didnt fell as a victim.
========= ================== =============================
Two days later, again, I received another email from them:

Dear Peter,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences, we tried to reach you over the weekend but your number keeps coming back as invalid. The board are really impressed with your resume and would like we conduct a background check on you before making an offer, which your permission is needed before we go ahead, some we would like you to send us a scanned copy of your education and professional certification.

You can reach me on the landline in the signature below.

Looking forward to your response,
========= ================ ==================
My phone had problem in receiving calls from oversea (last week from Africa and Europe and Middle East). So, their email is just a ploy to get the victim hook on tighter.

No oil company would ask for a university diploma for someone who has 30 years of working experience so again I felt sorry for those who fell for this trick. I continued to ignore their email
#381316 by Terminator5 Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 pm
NITRO PRO IS ANOTHER FAKE . ITS ON ANOTHER THREAD . THANKS FOR POSTING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SCAM . SOMEONE WILL LOOK INTO THE ADDITIONAL WEBSITE .

viewtopic.php?f=34&p=381032

And Here's Another Fake . Trustars Consulting, "trustarsconsulting.com" . NO SUCH COMPANY REGISTERED IN CALIFORNIA . WEBSITE INFECTED WITH A " TECH SUPPORT VIRUS " LINK DISABLED

trustarsconsulting.com

Trustars Consulting
1355 Market St #900
San Francisco, CA 94103

Trustars Consulting is the perfect partner for your next project!

Our services features a flexible, client friendly bouquet of Services!

Domain Name: TRUSTARSCONSULTING.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2328619933_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar URL: http://www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 2018-11-02T07:54:41Z
Creation Date: 2018-11-02T07:54:41Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-02T07:54:41Z
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.2013775952
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: NS1.THCSERVERS.COM
Name Server: NS2.THCSERVERS.COM
Name Server: NS3.THCSERVERS.COM
Name Server: NS4.THCSERVERS.COM

Registrant Name: Domain Admin
Registrant Organization: Privacy Protect, LLC (PrivacyProtect.org)
Registrant Street: 10 Corporate Drive
Registrant City: Burlington
Registrant State/Province: MA
Registrant Postal Code: 01803
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8022274003
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry

#381317 by 55+laidoffCVX Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm
Part 4: 50+laidOffCVX

Another four days had passed and I received their email:

Dear Peter,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been successful in your application for employment with Petra Energia S.A

Please take the time to review our formal offer. The attached employment contract sets out the terms and conditions under which you are offered employment with Petra Energia S.A. Please let me know if you have any questions or I can provide any additional information.

As part of your relocation, we're offering compensation. On arrival, the country benefits manager will schedule a meeting with you to discuss important details about your additional compensation, benefits, and other terms.

Please indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating this agreement within 3 business days.

Upon receipt of your signed acceptance, it is just a few formalities away from getting you down to the United Kingdom. The company's designated relocation solicitors will contact you to begin administering the relocation process.

It is important for you to note that you will be responsible for financing costs relating to your relocation and visa application. The total cost will be taken into account and the company will pay a reimbursable amount and your relocation benefits after your work permit has been issued. The company cannot make these payments on your behalf because companies like ours, who hire foreigners, are prevented from having a financial relationship with new employees until your work permit is approved.

In accepting our offer of employment, you certify your clear understanding of these terms. If you are not in acceptance, please do not sign the offer.

We look forward to welcoming you to the team.

Got questions? Feel free to email us or call.

Yours sincerely,

w: http://www.petraenergiasa.com
= ============================== =================== ======
The email included two files. One was a very professionally written 8-pages job offer letter (most likely cut and paste from a legitimately international oil and gas company) and another attachment titled "Petra Energia Policy.pdf"

Again, the scammer must have cut and paste from other oil companies as the document is very detailed. Scammers would not spent months to craft this document.... it covers:
Annual leave policy
Attendance Policy
Notice of Absence or tardiness
Confidentiality of information
drug-free workplace policy
Poicy of Harassment and disrespect toward others
Internet, email, and computer use policy
Medical information confidentiality policy
personel files policy
Relationships within the workplace
retirement policy
Sick leave policy
study leave
smoking policy
policy regarding use of social media by employees
Night shift work policy

The document is certainly impressive.

If someone has contact to FBI to bring these scum bag within the law, you are free and welcome to use all my postings.
==== end of my postings =======
by the way, with the low oil price and over 50 years old I am starting to give up on looking for a job. I still have mouths to feed, mortgage to pay, my kids' university education to support. I had the academic qualification, I have the work experience (I worked all over the world with multiple major oil companies and was paid $220,000 a year salary)... it is just that when you are old (and a non-American sounding name) no oil company wanted to hire you.
#381318 by Terminator5 Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm
You may be contacted by a law firm or travel agency as part of this fake job . These companies will also be fakes . Go ahead and post any of those receive . Thanks for sharing your experiences on Scamwarners.

#381330 by gisticks Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:16 am
The same, word for word and 2 PDF files were also attached to the email that they sent me. I am glad I was able to find this website and help everyone out.

Cheers.
#381828 by Hassan_Amoudi Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 am
Dear Jhon from USA and all others.
Yes I 100% agree with what Jhon has said about this scam company pretending they are a Brazilian oil company in London and hiring people from all the world. I have received from them several emails, started with that my application for a project manager position on one of the job sites on the net has been shortlisted. then they sent me an email asking me to call them for verification and I did call them to a No in London (+44-203000-2697 Dial Ext. 2) and spoke with this Dr. Nicholas
then this is the email i got from them :
"Dear Amoudi,
Thank you for your interest in Petra Energia S.A and for taking the time to send us your updated resume.
Please complete the attached questionnaire and submit within two days or let us know in advance to reschedule a time that works best for you. The hiring process is very urgent, so we are trying to get things done within as little time as possible.
Kindly quote this reference number (PTEUK19042) if you send a fax, for easy identification.
I am available to answer your questions.
I look forward to hearing from you.
m: +44-704560-4369
w: www.petraenergiasa.com

Today I just got from them this email :
"Dear Hassan,
I am pleased to inform you that you have been successful in your application for employment with Petra Energia S.A
Please take the time to review our formal offer. The attached employment contract sets out the terms and conditions under which you are offered employment with Petra Energia S.A. Please let me know if you have any questions or I can provide any additional information.

As part of your relocation, we're offering compensation. On arrival, the country benefits manager will schedule a meeting with you to discuss important details about your additional compensation, benefits, and other terms.

Please indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating this agreement within 3 business days.

Upon receipt of your signed acceptance, it is just a few formalities away from getting you down to the United Kingdom. The company's designated relocation solicitors will contact you to begin administering the relocation process.
It is important for you to note that you will be responsible for financing costs relating to your relocation and visa application. The total cost will be taken into account and the company will pay a reimbursable amount and your relocation benefits after your work permit has been issued. The company cannot make these payments on your behalf because companies like ours, who hire foreigners, are prevented from having a financial relationship with new employees until your work permit is approved.
In accepting our offer of employment, you certify your clear understanding of these terms. If you are not in acceptance, please do not sign the offer.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team.
Got questions? Feel free to email us or call.
Yours sincerely,
w: www.petraenergiasa.com

when I was reading what Jhon said here about this company I was laughing because they sent to me exactly the same they sent to him.

Please all be careful from this Company it is 100% Scam and we all should report them to the FBI and All Officials we can specially Britain officials

Thanks to all
#381829 by Hassan_Amoudi Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 am
gisticks wrote:The same, word for word and 2 PDF files were also attached to the email that they sent me. I am glad I was able to find this website and help everyone out.

Cheers.

Yes you are 100% correct I just got from them the same 2 attachments today