Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#381329 by gisticks Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:14 am
Will someone please be able to check on this immigration company if it is legit or not? They are based in india and I am in United States. There is no way for me to check the physical address. So far they check out on google, they have a bunch of reviews. They were asking for $700 upfront, they say the money includes their service fee and the airline ticket. They are also claiming that the visa fee is also included to whichever country I end up getting a job. They are also saying they will get me skype interviews with the company.
If someone has had experience with them, please let me know if they are legit. If not, will someone be able to look in to this?

This is the website: https://www.meritideindia.com/
Email: [email protected]
Advertisement

#381332 by Terminator5 Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:55 am
Thanks for posting . Someone will look into it .

Daniel 8 :25
#381335 by AlanJones Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:40 am
The domain meritideindia.com was registered last August by an individual in India.

Creation Date: 2018-08-13T05:12:50Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-08-13T05:12:50Z

Registrant Name: Rahul Mitra
Registrant Organization: OGEN
Registrant Street: 431/8
Registrant City: dehradun
Registrant State/Province: Uttaranchal
Registrant Postal Code: 248001
Registrant Country: IN
Registrant Phone: +91.9639921041
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Email address [email protected] was used to register 27 domains last year. I don't have time to check them all out at present, but the names indicate a variety of businesses and industries.

There is no way that a company in India would be able to help someone in the USA get a visa in the UAE for example, so the fact that they're promising that is a guarantee they are scammers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381339 by gisticks Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:00 am
I understand all of this but I have been in Skype interviews before. The visa for UAE is all online that is not the issue. It just doesn't feel right to pay them upfront. They have only guaranteed interviews, if selected by one of the company only then they start the visa process.
#381340 by AlanJones Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:08 am
If the UAE visa is online, why would someone need the services of this company to get one?

How is a company in India going to help someone in the USA find a job in the UAE or elsewhere in the world?

As far as I'm concerned it is 100% a scam, just like any company that makes similar claims.

I'm locking this now as I don't see any point in our members who are all volunteers wasting more time on it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.