Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382585 by Michelle Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanks for your interest in my property and still available, It's available for long-term also short-term and Month to month, 3, 6, 9, month lease also 1 yr to 2 yr lease and I have questions for you, but my name is Kelly Renee, I enjoy meeting people from different cultures, I love to travel, singing, acting, I like to exercise, but I also love to stay home and cuddle up with a good book or DVD and again I really like sports and cooking, Love Deep muses, Surrealism, Philosophy, esp. Eastern, Anthropology (was Major), adore nature, kids & animals, I am the owner of my property, so you are renting it directly from me

Do you need it for how many months?

Do you have a car or truck for the park?

Do you want it furnished or unfurnished?

Do you have a special check-in date in mind?

Do you have any pet?

The reason for all the questions is because there is one condition with the property and no problem just need to know my tenant

Fully private no sharing of anything with anybody, clean with no damages, the property is in a safe and quiet neighborhood and close to all attractions in the neighborhood and you can see it cheap, because you are renting it directly from owner, cleaning and tax already included in rent fees and utilities included in rent fees for whole month $ and Security deposit (Refundable fees) : $500

It has air-conditioning, laundry, cable TV, Netflix, wireless internet connection and WiFi Hi-Speed internet, towels, Games. Television, Satellite / Cable,Stereo, Iron & Board,Laundry Soap,Towels Provided,Parking,Washing Machine,Telephone, Linens Provided,Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker, Cooking Utensils, Dishes & Utensils, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, gas burner, Toaster, extra sofa if needed and there parking space with max security and you can also access community pool.

Note: Security deposit is 100% refundable fees when you are checking out in cash.

Thanks once again

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#382586 by Michelle Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Thanks for your email and where are you at this moment? we can hookup i can show you the property and you can make your reservation, because am going on a business trip and have already booked my flight, I need to catch up with my flight in the next 1 hour and i believe we can still do it, the reason why i said we should see before i leave for my trip, because I have a guest at the property right now occupied at this moment and I don't want to disturb them, you can also put yourself in their shoes and we give our guest first class treatment as we promised them and we fulfill our promise, because we had an agreement both part sign, if you can't meet up before i leave for my trip and you can still make your reservation for your date.

because i do my business first come first serve and if you book now i can reserve it for you, you have to understand the condition and if people keep going there to check every time, how do you want them to enjoy there stay a couple for 2yrs? They already staying as my guest and have confirmed them, so it's why I don't disclose many things am sorry for Safety reasons of my tenant, I can provide the address once again interested and check around the neighborhood if it fine by you or check how far from your workplace.

If you are interested I can ask family lawyer to prepare the agreement document for reservation so i can send it to you, I will need a copy of ID or driving license, so i can also know my guest and she will also email you my driving license for legal process, so to secure your date first month + Security deposit to reserve your date.

But we had an issue last 2 month with guests in my other property in SF, they were a student and after they were drunk they will start playing loud music and party in the house also making noise, I don't want trouble that is why all the questions because i need a responsible tenant.

We have 2 options about Keys mailing or pick up in a box around the apartment, I will give you location and the access code, due to security reason we don't disclose it until we confirm your reservation or send you pictures of the box.

NOTE: Don't reply if you are not interested in booking and remember it's just advice for you, if really interested and let me know your mind if seriously interested in reserving it so I can take the ads down off Craigslist once you book it.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

#382598 by Michelle Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:20 am

Thanks for your email and here is info below also form attached to sign for reservation with my passport.

To secure your date for reservation here is payment instructions and paper work to sign.

I hereby attached contract form to sign and fill out, also your deposit $1,700 and refundable fees $500

Address, All info needed and instructions on form

The property is still available for your date April 1st 2019

Use 190EverettAve, as payment Memo and so it's easy indicate your payment, because it's my family lawyer business register account

Zellepay : [email protected]

Once we confirmed the property book for your date and i will give you keys instructions or mail keys copy to your home address once we confirm your date reserve here

Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED NOT MORE THAN 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. We will refund the sums you have paid, less a $100 cancellation fee.

Email me back with signed contract copy and deposit receipt or confirmation for reservation documentation with your ID, please don't sign the form if you are not ready for reservation, because my signature already on it.

Note : security deposit is 100% refundable when you are checking out in cash and email me back to confirm if you got the document included, because sometimes attached files fail.

Sounds safe. It's not!