Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382830 by Michelle Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 am
Chetta F. Giovanni <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for your interest in my apartment, I have been attached the photos with it. Now I am in Italy at my house. I must tell you that I have some people who are interested in the apartment, but I want to rent it to the right person. For the moment I don't have a person available in Germany to show you the apartment, but this will not be a problem, because I know a safe method to resolve this situation. We can make a long period contract or a short one, depends of what do you need. I will say it again, in the monthly rent all the bills are included, you will only need to pay the rent and that's all. As I said in my first message, I will ask for 2 months in advance (first month of rent + 1 month as warranty). If we close the contract, we will do it directly through the Airbnb website, because is the safest company that rents apartments all over the world. Have you used Airbnb before? If not, please inform about the Airbnb here www.airbnb.com/trust , so both of us be safe. I am going to explain the process in my next message, if you are interested!

Greetings from Italy!

I will repeat, in the monthly rent are included all the bills, you will pay only the rent, nothing else more. I want to tell you something about pets, are accepted but you must try to keep the apartment clean as normal, because i paid a lot of money for the renovation. If you are ready to proceed with the transaction, i need to inform you how this works:

1. I will send you the Airbnb invitation so you can select the period and follow the steps to finish the booking and payment to Airbnb website.
2. Airbnb Company will require the deposit confirmation of the first month payment and security deposit (first month of rent + 1 month as warranty(warranty, like i said, you will receive back at the end of the contract) = 1250 EUR). It will be done through the website.
3. After the payment is confirmed, the leasing process begins.
4. Airbnb will contact me and after, i will buy a flight ticket to Germany, to come with the keys and the contracts of the apartment. You will have only two days to check the apartment and to take a decision if you will want to rent it or no.
5. If everything is in order and you decide to rent the apartment Airbnb Company will give me the money after you will sign the contracts of rental. Additional rents will be sent directly to my personal bank account.
6. If you refuse to rent the apartment, Airbnb Company will give you a full refund.

Now, if you are interested in renting the apartment I will need the next informations from your side:

Name:
Address:
City:
Postal code:
ID or passport copy attached via e-mail:
Phone Number Available:

I want to tell you again, you cannot visit the apartment because I have the keys with me, here in Italy. I have been explained to you about the process of Airbnb. First you need to make the deposit ( 1 month + 1 month warranty ) to Airbnb through the website, to be safe for both of us, because it will be made to Airbnb acccount, not to my account. Then, after I will receive the confirmation from Airbnb that the payment was received, I will buy a flight ticket to Germany, to come with the keys and the contracts. It will take about 1-2 days to come in Germany. Without the deposit to Airbnb, I can't come in Germany only for some words... If you will not want to rent my apartment, you will receive all the money back from Airbnb.

If you agree with all the process, I will send you a booking invitation to do all the steps. Before that, I have a few questions for you:

1) How long do you want to make the contract?
2) How many persons will live in my apartment?
3) When do you want to move in the apartment?
4) You have the money ready to make the deposit to Airbnb?

Once I've received this details, I will send to you an Airbnb invitation, so you can do the booking reservation and deposit payment to Airbnb.

Thank you and I am waiting for your decision !

Greetings from Italy!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement