Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382860 by Michelle Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. I work with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and I just got a transfer that is bringing me down to Myself and Family just traveled to Conroe Texas for the program. My transfer would be for a period between 5 months to a years, so I would definitely be renting my house to whom ever that will take good care of it.We wanted to sell the house since we will be staying longer than we thought so we searched for an agent and getting upon getting one we stroked a deal but later my wife advised not to sell anymore. she reasoned with me and i accepted her, advice so we contacted the agent back and requested for our keys and documents and put it for rent since we will back in the next 5 months to 1 years. We would have given the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent was asking too much of an agent fee and also made the rent high. We were not getting the responses we needed so i decided to terminated our contract with them and put it up for rent ourselves. In case you see any sign board, they are the Realtor in charge of my house before I decided to take over by my self. I am no more working with them and If you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering is far below standard price and this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property.

FEATURES :

Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom,

Playground, Car park. AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck,Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Firepit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly,Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

DETAILS ABOUT THE HOUSE:

Home address:109 1st St SW,Birmingham, AL 35211

Number of bedrooms: 2

Number of bathrooms: 1

Rental price: $500 (Utilities included in monthly rent)

Security Deposit: $500Security Deposit is fully Refundable)

Pet Deposit: no fee attached (Pets Welcome/hopefully trained ones)

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM .........

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?

Phone numbers (home,cell and office line ) # :__________?

E-mail :__________?

Best time to call :__________?

Marital Status:__________?

How many proposed occupants :__________?

List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?

Present Address :__________?

City/State :__________?

Will you have pets :__________?

Please describe Breed, size :__________?

Personality of pet :__________?

Preferred move in date :__________?

Intended length of lease:__________? Do you agree to pay the payment before you move in:__________?

Earliest possible date of deposit payment:__________?

Length of previous tenancy :__________?

Present occupation :__________?

Are you a section 8 applicant

Do you work late night :__________?

Do you smoke :__________?

Do you drink :__________?

Send your picture or family picture __________?

Hoping to hear back from you soon, so i can forward the rental questionnaire to you. Okay

You can text or call me here is my cell number: +1 740 469 9303

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement