Room for Rent and other rental scams
#384101 by Michelle Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 pm
Niklas Noack < [email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting me about my apartment...The apartment is still available for rent.
Its fully furnished, could be rented unfurnished, too. Same price if unfurnished, all the utilities are included (water, garbage, electricity, heat, etc). Pets are allowed. The entire apartment is for rent and the price per month is $800.

Has elevator, washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, parking--1 Car, safe neighborhood, nice neighbors, very quiet, no noise, close to transportation and everything else.

Address:
4150 Rue de Mentana, Montréal, QC, H2L 3S2

The pictures are too large and will send you a link to see the pictures in my next email.

Let me know if you are still interested?

Thank you.

Niklas Noack < [email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

OK. Can you tell me, please, what is your desired move in date?

Please let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Niklas Noack. I live in Berlin, Germany, i am a plastic surgeon here.. The apartment was purchased for my daughter during her college and then we used it for short term rentals, then she redecorated it and now we rent it for long term.

My daughter is now in Germany, too. So, we have to find a proper way for you and us to safely get what we are after.

You can read some reviews about us and about the apartment on our Flipkey page from previous renters:
http://renamedurl.info/d306f
I have used an URL shortener service because the Flipkey link is too long, click the above link and look at our reviews.

See who we are and how we treat our guests to say so. Search about me on google, youtube.

Please let me know if you know this 2 companies:

www.flipkey.com -- a TripAdvisor company - probably you have used this company for your travels or reviews about destinations, etc, make a research online.
https://www.keycafe.com/keyexchange -- an awesome company for key exchange, find online articles if you haven't heard of them.

Read, inform yourself about this two companies and let me know.

I want to use this 2 companies for key exchange and payment.

If you ok with this, i will send you an email to describe how i am thinking to do this. Also, if you want to exchange IDs ok, if not, its ok, too.

Thank you,
Niklas

Niklas Noack <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi again,

May its ok as long as you reserve it now, i cant hold it until then, so, you put down one month rent plus security, move in May and next due rent payment is June. Two months its ok.

So, Flipkey has a money back guarantee for renters which means they issue refund if anything happens, our apartment is suitable for that since we are old customers/owners on their website and that we are verified owners. You can see that on the Flipkey link that i sent you, it says that on the top of the page. Here is this explained on their site: renamedurl.info/73837
Again, i have used a link shortener service as the link was too long.

Since there is no need for us to fly over all the way there for the key exchange, i am using https://www.keycafe.com/keyexchange. Read about them online, etc. So, to pick up the keys from the KeyCafe location i will send you the code for it which is unique, see how it works.

Basically, all we need is your final "ok", we setup the booking on Flipkey for you, for one month plus security, with the right dates. You pay to Flipkey and then i will send you data for picking up the keys from the keycafe location.

Then go and view the apartment. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied by the apartment FlipKey will refund you. Before viewing or until you give them the ok over the apartment Flipkey will not send us any money, they put the funds on hold.

If you ok with the apartment we will sign the agreement and exchange copies online. Move in and we take it from there. The agreement can be downloaded from the Flipkey link, current one its a draft, final one will have your name on it, etc.

I believe this is the best way to do this. And safest for you and for us.
If you have questions let me know.

We have a low price per month because we knew it was difficult to find someone without seeing the apartment first, but at the same time we cant hand over the keys without some reassurance and some kind of financial bond between us and you (for security reasons, too). We cant let anyone just like that to visit the apartment.

In other words, you put down 1 month's rent plus security which is one more month, to Flipkey - you pay Flipkey, not me, they hold the funds until you visit the apartment. If everything ok, sign the contract, move in and pay the monthly rent payments to us directly, not Flipkey. If you refuse the apartment, FLIPKEY (Tripadvisor) will simply refund you in 24 hours. As well as you can read on the Payment Protection Policy you do NOT send any money to me directly whatsoever, you will pay to Flipkey, you will be using the Book button on the Flipkey page of our property, so, you send the money to Flipkey through their site (Payment Platform) directly for your security and mine.

Let me know if you have questions.

For us to move on we need your full name and email. Then i send you the Flipkey link to the property to pay and book.

Thank you,
Niklas

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you -have received Such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signing line and I will carry the details to the Appropriate autorités.

Advertisement