HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#384679 by Jippedgal Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:01 pm
I worried that my friend is being scammed by someone or multiple people posing as a celebrity. Im not sure what site she was originally contacted on but I know she communicates with a man via the hangouts app. She was asked by the celebrity to send money to an orphanage called Lawson home in Nairobi Kenya. Later she was told she was going to be sent gold via sealand shipping company. The people she's been asked to send to are Ogbeiwi Lawson uhunoma who is the orphanage director.
Sunday Osagie
Odafen Darius
Charity Ali
Igbaifua Pius Ezekiel
Christopher Inotu
Christine m.Pfiater Ingram
She was asked to send money through western union or moneygram.Christine is the only person from the United States and is supposedly the wife of his friend who she needed to send money to so it could be sent to sealand shipping company. Everyone else lives in Nigeria or Kenya. She has recieved a call from this +234 816 909 9642. I tried to call and text it back myself and it says invalid or not enough money in account for call text isnt sent, but its called her an shes answered. She is in love and thinks this person is in love with her they message and call her on the hangouts app they even agreed to speak to her mom and told her things it seems only celebrity or someone close to them would know. So is this a scammer, someone close to a celebrity trying to prank a fan or just someone who hates her messing around?
Advertisement

#384682 by AlanJones Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm
The fact that she has been asked to donate money to Kenya by an untraceable money transfer service and has also been called from a Nigerian mobile phone guarantees 100% that it is a scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#384694 by Jippedgal Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 pm
Thank you for responding, i was so afraid of this because she is so mentally and emotionally invested in this relationship this is going to devastate her. Is there any way for me to alert western union or money gram about these people because i only know she's sent money to them i dont have her account info to log into the site and report it for her or the mtcn numbers. She refuses to believe its not the man she thinks it is and is in love with. Ive already looked up some of these peoe social medias and reported the accounts but their still up. What else can i do to help her. I confronted her again today and found out he's promised to come an see her but needs her to send money so he can get a flight from africa even though he's been paid for his concert he did there. Can you please warn others about these people i dont want anyone else to become a victim the way my friend has i dont know if she'll ever get over this or trust anyone ever again.
#384695 by Terminator5 Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:53 pm
There is a "Sunday Osagie " individual here being used in romance scams .

https://m.facebook.com/MilitaryRomances ... 901055879/

Searching the name " Ogbeiwi Lawson Uhunoma" returns nothing except for this post .

It's a Romance Scam with a Fake Orphanage Twist . What is the name and location of this supposed Orphanage ?

Daniel 8 :25
#384696 by Jippedgal Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:10 pm
Sunday Osagie is weird because shes suppose to be in Nigeria. I looked up Ogbeiwi and get a account for instagram and twitter thats @iam_biggysmallz.
but that could be a coincidence or someone with same name.
#384697 by Terminator5 Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:18 pm
Additionally if you Google Kenya + orphanage, you'll receive a list of approximately 100 orphanages and " Lawson Home is not on that list .

If you search the Kenya yellow pages there is no such orphanage found.

http://www.google.com

https://yellowpageskenya.com

#384698 by Jippedgal Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:25 pm
I tried looking it up and got nothing. I looked up sealand shipping company and its a real company but you can't set up an account to do buisness unless you have a company that deals with shipping containers. So not sure how to contact them to let them know being used in a scam. Did a little digging in their messages and christine pfister ingram is from chicago.
#384699 by Terminator5 Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 pm
And lastly if you're still not convinced it's a fake, you can search Registered Companies here on the Kenya Government Website.

Www.ecitizen.go.ke

#384700 by Terminator5 Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:32 pm
It's an open and shut case of Nigerian Scammers stealing from the poor orphans of Kenya .

How despicable.

:bondage:

If you send them any money, you are funding a Criminal and possibly even a Terrorist Organization. Read the news .

#384724 by Jippedgal Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 am
I have no idea what my friends gotten her self into. Only know she has sent money through western union and money gram. So if any law in enforcement agency from the U.S or another country investigates and convicts the scammers will she and anyone else who has sent money through western union or money gram be convicted with them. Is it possible she's funded drug, child or sex trafficking I been reading through some messsages she was told the director has multiple orphanages in Kenya and Nigeria.
#401088 by AlanJones Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:40 am
We aren't qualified to give legal advice or comment on the likelihood of your friend being arrested/charged. So, I would recommend that she contacts a lawyer and also the police to report that she is a victim and being used as a money mule.

She needs to be proactive. At the moment, she is a victim, but if law enforcement receive a complaint from one of the victims and have to come looking for her, they will be doing so on the basis that she is complicit in the crime and it will be a lot harder for her to prove her innocence.

And it's very possible that the money she has been sent could be being used for drugs, trafficking, even funding terrorism. These are criminals that she has been involved with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.