Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#384788 by MJV2002 Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 am
Good Day,

Could someone please assist me with the below, I have received a job offer from the Nigerian Oil Company as listed below. I have copied and pasted the email that has the job offer attached to it below. I am just not sure it is a scam or not as most internet searches come out correct and I am unable to call international numbers to verify the contact information. When I contacted the attorney I was asked to pay $300.00 into an account for Moses Solomon with a breakdown of what the fee would be used for.

[email protected]
Attachments
Tue, Apr 23, 8:36 AM (6 days ago)
to me

Good day XXX

With respect to the requirements and certifications of documents needed, the Federal Ministry of Justice Certificate Act, which states that all expatriates who intend to work in Nigeria (Oil and Gas Sector), you are required to submit the following. you can send all document electronically.

(1)size passport photo of you
(2)International Passport,
(3)sign contract,
(4)Nigeria Police Clearance,
(5) Oath of Good Conduct Certificate from( Nigeria Supreme Court Authority).

The Federal Ministry of Justice will have to embrace the registration and approval of your relevant information with the designated agency (Federal High Court of Nigeria respectively at Odia chambers, a subsidiary of Nigeria immigration solicitors, if you do not have the Oath of good conduct certificate and Nigeria police clearance, below is the contact information that you are to contact to obtain your valid document. The reason for the review of this policy as communicated by the Federal Ministry of Justice Certificate Act is to ensure that an expatriate who has a Nigerian Employment/contract will be free to work in Nigeria.

Contact Name: Barrister Odia
Designation: Legal Practitioner
Contact Email: [email protected]

After all required document has been fully submitted for validation,then we will proceed with all travel arrangement which will be sponsor by the company.

Regards
​​Gustav Klotz
Human Resources Manager
Agip House Plot 23 Engineering Close,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria
Phone +2347012519609,
http://www.agip.naoc.site
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#384791 by AlanJones Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01 am
It's a definite scam and there is no job.

Anyone that asks you to contact a barrister or travel agent to get visa or travel papers is a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#384839 by Photosensitive Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:06 pm
If you want a real job with Agip in Nigeria go to their recruitment page:

https://www.recruitmentformportal.com/a ... cruitment/

where it says:
Please note that Agip will not (nor will any of the organisations that recruit on our behalf) ever ask for money or payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process.
#384847 by MJV2002 Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:57 am
Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

I have not told them anything along the lines that I think I am being scammed. I have sent them a mail stating that I do not have the funds to obtain a Nigerian Police Clearance, and asked if they could not cover the cost, I have not had a response back since then.

Thank you for the advise.
#384848 by Tim Atem Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:46 am
The best thing to do is to stop communicating with them all together. They will probably email you from other email addresses with similar fake job offers, just delete and ignore them.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5