Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385319 by Michelle Wed May 08, 2019 4:27 am

Hello again i just sent your name for verification to the website and they have confirmed you are legitimate also i have sent few pictures of myself and my husband for you to be sure who you are dealing with, i will reserve my property for you and you alone, i have sent with this email a copy of my tenancy agreement form for you to read/acknowledge and if you have anything you are not clear about in the agreement you can indicate so it can be addressed before our meeting and i will suggest you have the property reserved now since there are other potential tenants who wants to view the property as well but i deal on first come first serve since you were the very first to contact me i will suggest that you have the property reserved with a holding deposit of the refundable security deposit of ($1400), I have also considered the option that you pay to the website at by sending an email to ([email protected]) and once your payment has been confirmed i will be notified and after viewing we if you agree to take the property the payment will be released to me and if not you will be refunded but there is an option to pay directly too, let me know if you wish to proceed and hope to hear from you soon.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#385363 by jsmoove24 Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Just received this message from the above e-mail. Pictures don't match layout of actual property from redfin. Be warned.

Ruth Nunez <[email protected]>
Attachments
10:36 AM (1 hour ago)
to emilycyanyoga, bcc: me

Thanks for your interest in our property this is Ruth from Apartment.com, I and my Husband co-own the Unit and we used to stay in the property but right now,we are currently out of town due to a contract we have there but we can come for you to view anytime you want.

Our apartment is a one bedroom apartment well furnished to standard but there is nobody presently living in the property so it is available for rent and here is little details about the property before we proceed.

Find below details:

Address: 2040 Laguna St #203 San Francisco, CA 94115

Description:Perfect for pied-a-terre or cozy home, this great condo is a 1/2 block to Lafayette Park, 3 blocks to Fillmore shops and restaurants, 1 block to California Street transportation to downtown. Unit #203 is in the rear of the building overlooking the large patio providing quiet and privacy. The open living/dining room goes out to a small balcony perfect for plants. Visit with your guests while preparing meals in the remodeled kitchen with granite counter-bar built in 1981. The bedroom has a wall of built-in closets and the bathroom has new tile floor, new vanity w/ marble countertop & a large matching mirror. Entire unit was recently painted, the carpeting was replaced & snazzy new light fixtures in bath & dining room. Ready for you to move in!

Rent pcm:$1400.00(All bills are inclusive).
Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract after 12 months
Moving in date: the room is currently available but I'm flexible with moving in date.
Refundable security and damage deposit:$1400(refundable after 4 weeks of stay in the flat)

sq ft: 710
66 sq m
Room Sizes
Bedroom: 14'10 x 9'1 ( 4.5 x 2.8m)
Kitchen: 8'10 x 7'5 ( 2.7 x 2.3m)

Home Features:TV ,CD - DVD - Video,Radio,High-speed Internet with WiFi,Washing Machine ,dryer, Heating,iron and Ironing board,Gas cooker,Electric Kettle,Toaster,Dishwasher,Refrigerator, Microwave e.t.c

Few picture of the flat are hereby attached with this email.

Awaiting your urgent reply, Thanks for your interest once again and you are most welcome.

KINDEST REGARDS,
RUTH AND ADAM
#429860 by Scamfreenunez1@gmail Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm
CAN CONFIRM. THIS PERSON IS SCAMMING ON APARTMENTS. DO NOT FOLLOW UP. REPORT. DELETE. CHANGE PASSWORDS.

SAYS IT'S THROUGH THE OWNER. DOESN'T GIVE APARTMENT NUMBER. NO RESPONSE. VIA FACEBOOK

WAS APPROACHED BY someone named Javon Wood on Facebook. Was told Javon was doing a favor for a friend who didn't know how to navigate renting the property.

Received email from [email protected] and [email protected]

Ruth Nunez
Maxine Hoover
Javon Wood

SCAMMERS