Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#38681 by seawanderer2010 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 am
Hi for all. I just received E-Mail . I think it is a Scam. Please help me.
Attention : XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX ,
The Management of British Embassy in United Kingdom wishes to thank for contacting us for the procurement of your traveling documents which includes your Valid United Kingdom Visa , Tax-clearance,Resident Permit, Work Permit, Medical Insurance ,Flight Ticket and all other requirement for your travel to the United-Kingdom. This document are very important for foreigner wishing to work in United Kingdom, because without this document ,you will not be allow to live and work in UK. This is in accordance with the governmental law of the British Embassy in United Kingdom.............................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................
.So therefore you are require to fill the VISA APPLICATION FORM attached to this mail and submit back to us via email.You are to also send copy of your Passport. The governmental official fee for full procurement of all your traveling documents to United Kingdom is 700.00 GBP.
Type of visa charge Validity Term of issue Consular fee
Single entry 1 Year 2{working days} £ 400.00
Multiple entry 2 Years 4{working days} 700.00
Family entry 4 Years
7{working days} 1,200.00
All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after and forwarded to your home address. Since you are applying for 2 years visa,the total cost of 700.00GBP is needed for the processing of your traveling document.The document will be deliver to you via UPS Service courier delivery (Express Delivery ) 24hrs, after successful conclusion of all traveling document.

Mode of Payment to our office :
Western Union Money Transfer has been chosen has the mode of payment , because of it fast convenient way of confirming payment quick. In order to speed up the process ,contact the nearest Western Union Money Transfer and make payment to our account officer information below:

Accountant Name (Receiver Name) : Mrs. Jasmine Lewis
Office Address (Address of Receiver) : 100 New Kings Road ,Chelsea, London, SW6 4LX ,United Kingdom.

Total Payment............................... ....................... 700.00 GB Pounds

UNITED KINGDOM IMMIGRATION SERVICES
E-Mail: [email protected]
Contact Person: Mr Luis Maclaw
Designation: HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS.
Advertisement

#38683 by Dotti Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 am
It's a scam!

I'm guessing this was sent in connection with an au pair job in UK or another UK job offer targeting overseas people!

The UK government does not use free email addresses such as consultant.com!
The English is full of mistakes--typical mistakes of an African.
You cannot get a UK passport by email. You have to visit your local UK embassy IN PERSON.

Unfortunately, this being a fake means that the "employer" is also a fake.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#38685 by jolly_roger Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 am
Hello sea,
Just adding a small comment.
I don't want to educate the scammers but the email you posted is a scam as Dotti outlined.
And the name Luis Maclaw can be seen on this page viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3015
#38733 by jolly_roger Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:11 pm
Is that David Lampard the lawyer?
That individual is also very bad news.
#42898 by irrevocable Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 pm
seawanderer2010 wrote:Thank for all !!!!Before this letter I received mail from "david lampard" <[email protected]> with offer for work in UK.

Yeah....
I found you... just same case!
I was looking for job on yachts ( Luxury Yacht jobs and cruise ship jobs.com!),
i sent my CV to 3 different offers and strangely I received from 3 of them, from different emails of course-the same offer for job.
As I read there is same text "copy-paste"
At the end I ask "them" to give me their adress to meet "them" in order to negotiate the money they want from me....there were no more replies nor offers!

I note the receiver of the money is the same!
Good luck!
#42899 by GomerPyle Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:11 pm
Of course when the scammer mentions

Mode of Payment to our office :
Western Union Money Transfer has been chosen has the mode of payment

... it's a dead giveaway.

Legally, no body corporate can receive money from Western Union and no company or government body can or will receive money this way.

If you're dealing with someone purporting to be a company or a government body, then if they ever ask you to pay the money to a named individual, even into a bank account, then it's a scam. Companies don't allow employees to pay money into their private accounts for obvious reasons and the British government has cottoned on to using accounts banks to receive money.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer