Room for Rent and other rental scams
#376742 by Michelle Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am

Hallo,

Tut mir leid, dass ich nicht früher geantwortet habe. Ich habe viele
E-Mails erhalten und jetzt Ich möchte den richtigen Mieter finden.

Mein Name ist Allan Ross und ich komme aus London - Großbritannien,
deshalb mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt. Die Wohnung ist noch
verfügbar.
Die monatliche Miete ist 500€. Die Kaution ist 1.000€.
In der monatlichen Miete du hast inbegriffen: Stromkosten, Gaskosten,
Wasserkosten, TV-Internetzugang, 2 Parkplätze, Müllentsorgung.
Die Wohnung adresse ist: Kriegsstraße 35, Karlsruhe 76133.

- Wie viele Personen bleiben in der Wohnung?
- Wie lange möchtest du bleiben?
- Hast du einen Job oder bist du ein Student?
- Wie zahlst du die Miete?

Sie können sehen Bilder hier: www.use.com/OhfGs

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Allan Ross.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#386843 by Michelle Tue May 28, 2019 10:06 am
Allan Ross <[email protected]>
Hello,

Before I will start the transaction with Airbnb, I want to make all clear. Please read good and let me know if you don't understand something.

1- I will send your details to Airbnb (please make sure that your details are correct) :

Amount to pay: 5.500€

2- Airbnb will send the invoice with details of the transaction.
3- The payment must be sent to Airbnb before you get the keys.
4- After I will receive the confirmation from Airbnb that the transfer is made, I will send the package with the rental agreement and the apartment keys.
5- After you will receive the keys, you will have 5 days to visit the apartment before you decide to rent it or not.
6- If you do not like the apartment, Airbnb will refund the transfer to your bank account. If you choose to rent it, Airbnb will send the transfer to my bank account.

Now if everything is clear and you are agree, let me know and I will contact Airbnb to start the transaction.
Thank you,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#387493 by Michelle Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am

Hello,

The rental contract validity is from 1 month to 10 years (with possibility of extension).
The rent is 500€ per month. The deposit is 1.000€. The total amount to pay is 1.500€ (1 month rent and the deposit).
In the monthly rent you have included: Water, Gas, Electricity, TV-Internet connection, 2 Parking places, waste disposal.

I am ready to send the keys so that you can visit and check the apartment. The rental process will be made through Airbnb (airbnb. com). They will also help us as a third party to make the transaction.
Airbnb rental process service give a protection for both of us and it works like this:

-The money must be sent to Airbnb before you will receive the keys.
-After I will receive the confirmation from Airbnb that the transfer was made, I will send the package with the rental contract and the apartment keys.
- I will send the delivery confirmation to you and to Airbnb.
- You will have 5 days to verify the apartment and take a decision.
- If you don't like the apartment, Airbnb will refund the transfer to your bank account. If you decide to rent it, Airbnb will send the transfer to my bank account.

To start the transaction I need the following information:

Full name:
Street:
City:
Postal Code:
Mobile number:

- If you want to pay in advance for 6 months or 1 year, I can make a discount. For 6 months you will pay 2.500€ ( + 1.000€ the deposit) and for 1 year you will pay 4.500€ ( + 1.000€ the deposit).
- How much do you want to pay: 1.500€ (1 month rent and the deposit included), 3.500€ (for 6 months and the deposit included) or 5.500€ (for 1 year and the deposit included)?

I'll pay for the services of the agency, so there is no cost for you!
Thank you,

#389867 by braunprinz Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 am
Hello
I was facing the same situation with this guy. I wanted to rent an apartment in Germany.
unfortunately for him I know this kind of scan which was 10 years ago used to sell cars in Germany.
The pictures of the appartment were very nice and it was cheap in comparison with the standards.
Please be careful.
#427384 by Koenraad Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:54 am
Hi!

This guy is still active. On Aug 4th I received an email - similar to this in the thread. Today I received similar message, but from Oscar Mazoteras Gomez, who rents his apartment in Potsdam, Germany.

Oscar Mazoteras Gomez <[email protected]>

Hallo,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an der Anmietung meiner Wohnung. Meine deutsche Sprache ist sehr schlecht, ich hoffe du kannst mich verstehen. Ich möchte mich vorstellen: Mein Name ist Oscar Mazoteras Gomez und ich komme aus Madrid / Spanien.

Die Wohnung gehört mir, ich habe sie zusammen mit meinem Ex-Ehefrau gekauft und nach der Trennung (Scheidung) kamen die Wohnung und viele andere Waren zu mir zurück. Ich entscheide mich, nicht nach Deutschland zurückzukehren und möchte die Wohnung nicht verkaufen, daher möchte ich die Wohnung für einen beliebigen Zeitraum (von 1 Monat bis 5 Jahre oder länger) mieten. Ich möchte mit der Miete kein Geld verdienen, aber was mich interessiert, ist die Suche nach einem verantwortungsbewussten Mieter, der die Wohnung sauber und in gutem Zustand halten kann.
Die Wohnung befindet sich auf ( YORCKSTRASSE, 14467 POTSDAM ), ist voll möbliert und wurde kürzlich renoviert, wie Sie auf den Fotos sehen können ( https://bit.ly/3jjJPMD ). Die Wohnung wird zum ersten Mal seit der Renovierung vermietet. Die ganze Wohnung hat neue Möbel. Die Wohnung kann auch unmöbliert gemietet werden.
Die Wohnung befindet sich im zweiten Stock und das Gebäude ist in sehr gutem Zustand.

Dies ist eine 2-Zimmer-Wohnung mit:
1 Schlafzimmer
1 Bad
1 Küche
1 Wohnzimmer
1 Keller
2 Parkplätze
Mit einer Gesamtfläche von 67,33m².

Die Wohnung ist ausgestattet mit: Klimaanlage, Waschmaschine, Staubsauger, Haartrockner, Herd, Bügeleisen, Mikrowelle, Grill, Toaster, Mixer, Kühlschrank, Kaffeemaschine, LED-TV, DVD-Player usw.
Die zusätzlichen Kosten (Heizkosten, Strom, Gas, Wasserkosten, Müllentsorgung, Grundsteuer, Gebäudeversicherung, Internet und Kabelfernsehen) sind in der "Warmmiete" von 484 Euro / Monat enthalten. Ich möchte eine "Kaution" von 500 Euro, die erstattet wird, wenn Sie die Wohnung verlassen (ich muss das Datum kennen, an dem Sie 2 Monate vorher abreisen).
Bitte bestätigen Sie in der Zwischenzeit die folgenden Schritte:

· Wie viele Menschen würden auf dem Grundstück leben?
· Wann möchten Sie umziehen? (Eincheckdatum)
· Welche Laufzeit möchten Sie mieten?
· Haben sie Haustiere?
· Wann sind Ihre Zeiten / Tage am besten geeignet, um die Immobilie zu besichtigen?

Wenn Sie interessiert sind, geben Sie mir bitte einige Informationen über sich selbst (Alter, Beruf, Lebensstil oder was auch immer Sie für einen guten Mieter halten).
Ich hoffe die E-Mail war nicht zu lang, ich mag es so gründlich wie möglich.

Herzliche Grüße aus Spanien!
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#428103 by Michelle Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:04 pm
Allan Ross <[email protected]> wrote:

My Address -

Allan Ross
81 Stanley Rd
Croydon CR0 3QF
United Kingdom