Information on romance scams and scammers.
#387970 by Farm girl Jen Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:11 am
I have an older friend and she has been a target of romance scammers since she made a Facebook account. Several military guys, including a general. Then some musicians, including one that was using Jim Morrison's picture. I report these fake accounts and most are deleted, but one has gotten past me. He is an actor and producer! I reported the account but facebook won't delete. The actor and her have mostly been sexting through FB messenger but I recently found out she gave him her home phone number. I wasn't too worried when it was a ton of love you miss you gifs

What would be the purpose of sexting up an old lady? She doesn't have money. Would an actor ask for money?
Advertisement

#387971 by AlanJones Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:31 am
He's not an actor, he's a scammer who is most likely located in Africa or the far east.

And just because she doesn't have money, doesn't mean that they won't try to scam her. They could try to persuade her to get loans (either from friends/family or loan firms) or if that doesn't work they could try to turn her into a money mule and get her to receive money from other victims and forward it to them.

The best thing you can do is sit down with her and read through some of the topics in our here and she will probably start to see patterns with what she is being told

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.