Information on romance scams and scammers.
#390138 by LosCaracasVzla Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:46 pm
Hi
Be careful about a Zoosk dating site member.
He calls himself Franklin

This is his email and phone number
Franklin Göbel [email protected]
(979) 493-0325‬

He was not successful in getting any money from me. I did not pay a lot of attention to his pictures, but when I asked him for more, he said those were the most recent ones. They were downloaded from a website.
His rambling emails alerted me something odd was going on. Fortunately, he does not have my real phone number and I gave him an alternate email, which I use as a precaution in this dating site.
I think I was half asleep for not noticing something weird about this guy, and I quote:
'Hello, This is Franklin from Text. You gave me your e-mail address on Text and I'm sending this mail as a test mail to see if i got your email address right. I will tell you more about myself and exchange more pictures with you after i receive a confirmation from you. I just want to be sure I got your email address right. Hope to hear from you soon. LG Franklin"
:laugh-s:

Well, right on, I was on a list of possible victims.
I will paste all his emails for you to have a laugh and for me to laugh at myself for being so busy not to notice the weirdness of it all.
:yikes: :=)

My name is Franklin Göbel. I was born in the United States but lived most of my life in Germany.., and as i have already told you, I am a Geologist. I have been divorced for 5 years now. I have no children. Both of my parents are dead including my elderly brother. 185 cm tall .. Blue eyes and a gray hair .... I love family and don't have friends at the moment so i consider my workers as my friends , I am a fun person not shy . I love life, love my family and still have some love to share with a special lady. Life can be lonely without someone...I am a person who is very real when it comes to life and its' issues. Am honest,kind caring, affectionate,good sense of humor,easy going,free thinker,trustworthy and respect the lives of other people.....I'm a man who lives life as it comes to me. I don't worry about tomorrow, for it will be here no matter what I do.The best days of my life are yet to come and i am looking for someone who will love and care about me for a long time relationship that can lead to marriage. Although I would consider myself be a romantic, I don't believe that life is about the 'grand passion.' In reality, it is more about comfortable comrade. I am really a fun person who loves people, loves to laugh, I am very caring,love music, dancing, singing ! ... am a devoted friend. I like to have fun,I have strong moral values with honesty and integrity being the core of my personality, am very cool, i respect my dignity....

I'm excited to see new places, meet new people and do new things. I'm not a fighter and I don't argue, life's too short but I do value friendship and intimacy. Respect is one of the most important requisites in a relationship, as are honesty and commitment. I enjoy going out to dinner, movies, walks, and quiet times. I love nature, enjoy learning, and have a deep respect and love for children. I'm fascinated with the world and different cultures and would enjoy learning more about them....I love to laugh and like being around people with a good sense of humor. I also appreciate people who are different and even quirky.

I am a cute caring lovable man who is into anything really at this point in my life, whether it be a serious relationship or just Dating, but know my ultimate goal is to find a mate though.. I want to enjoy this phase of my life in my search and if my future mate happens to show up in front of me, I will not let her go..My passions are meeting my future soul-mate/partner. I believe I am a very good man with a very big heart with modern qualities.. I'm pretty laid back, down to earth, a very positive person, enjoy the simple things in life.. I'm told that I am kind, caring, generous, thoughtful, opinionated, handsome, and intelligent and have many lovable qualities.. I try to allow life itself not to stress me out and remain a happy go, lucky person.. Love to kiss and hug.. I think one of my biggest flaws is being too nice and loyal to people in my life, but it is just the right thing we should all do, but in general, good always outweighs the bad.. I know how to treat a lady and would hope that my future partner knows how to treat a man.

I enjoy traveling and learning about different cultures. Professionally I have a great job, which I love but difficult and hard, I deal in the sales of Gold and Mining but smell skills levels. we used heavy equipment and Bombing the rock. I have been in for 19 years.. And i have 3 employees but will soon like to retire that's why i am here searching for Permanent relationship, also i am willing to relocate since I don't have any family again and hope distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Ultimately, l hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest Greetings,
Franklin

:=)

Sadly, I sent him pictures of me... which he may use to scam other people. Mine are real, his are fake.

:(

Hope all is well with you? I'm just here to tell you a bit about some of my hobbies.., I do like music so much, Smooth Jazz, rock, country, R&B. classic, and music gospel as well... I am seeking to meet someone caring, faithful, communicative, loyal, generous, understanding, future driven, honest, truthful to be within a long term relationship, courtship or marriage, someone with good God fearing person. I'm a good cook, I can prepare delicious meals like fried rice with Chicken, Can prepare a good roast meal, Can prepare pizza, and seafood... I don't smoke anymore or drink alcoholic, but i like to taste wine or Champagne with good flavor and My favorite color are red, white, black, blue and what do i see in you i see a beautiful woman and mother. I love all kind of food because i love to travel and learn new things in life..

I have several hobbies and wish I could find more time to pursue those such as I love poetry, books, walks on the beach and cozy candlelight dinners. I enjoy movies, television, music, traveling, the desert, the quietness of the mountains, the ocean, sunrises, and sunsets, am very fun and love laughing a lot free open minded person, easy going man, like sports like soccer, football and Cricket I'm very loyal and affectionate. But most importantly I have a great sense of humor, like CNN, news, etc. I am generally an optimistic person with a sense of humor, fairly easy-going, and I don't think that I'm too critical about things, but I also believe that it takes two people contributing to a relationship to make it work. I have several hobbies (and wish I could find more time to pursue those) such as cooking, swimming, playing computer, dancing, and reading, and more, and would like someone to share that with as well as sharing her interest with me too. I do also have some fun to such as fishing, boating, cooking, going to the beach and I do want to participate all this fuss with the person in my life..

As I mentioned earlier, I like to do things with the other significant person in my life, but I also encourage her to go out and spend time with friends and pursue her own interests and hobbies as well. I believe that time spent apart helps keep things fresh in a relationship and makes the time we do spend together even better. I am not the one who cheat, lie or hurt in a relationship. I am really honest and faithful and want the same in a woman But I also want to be in a relationship where I can totally trust the other person and not dwell on how the relationship is not working... I do not expect a woman to be a servant to me, spending all her time working and cleaning, I believe there is give and take in a relationship, and I realize that at times it's more convenient for me to do laundry, cook, clean, and I have no problem doing that I want you to know i do love kids. I consider myself to be a fairly honest and truthful person and expect the same in return; I'm not wealthy and don't expect someone to attempt to deceive me or "play me and Everybody makes mistakes and I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but if the same pattern keeps emerging, it's over.. I do not want to meet someone who may think that they will take advantage of me, or lie to me and cheat on me... I'm just asking you to keep it real and be honest from the beginning, that way, nobody is wasting their time or getting their feelings hurt.. I also realize that at times two people are just too different to be in a relationship together..

I love animals, I had a dog for 10 years that died this past April. He was a Labrador. I've not replaced him yet but have been thinking about it a lot. Would you like a man who maintains the cars, manages the finances, and is handy around the house?? And hope you can also support your man in everything getting the relationship to grow stronger also in finances??? It doesn't mean that it's any body's fault, it's just that they're too different to be compatible, Hope I didn't scare you off and Hope this finds you in good health and that things will get you to want to know me a lot more you have made me feel so good... Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Franklin

The occasional spelling mistake made me cringe, but it should have alerted me of something creepier...
Read and see for yourself...

I'm here and wants to tell you something about trust ..Trust, loyalty, and respect are a must for eternal happiness. No matter how much you love someone if you don't have these ingredients you will never succeed.

To be in love means being patient but to be patient you must trust him/her first. You can never find love through the eye or ear, so you must trust the only thing that will never fade until you die, your heart...Love is like trust, when you find your special someone it is as if you're trusting them with your heart. Trust is what you put in someone's hands......... Faith is what you hold on to.

Trust is what makes everyone realize that you are always there for them. Faith is what makes everyone realize that you are always there to help them in case they need some help. Love makes not everyone, but the only one in your life who is special, think that you are always there for her, to be with her, to make her realize how much you really love her. Without honesty, love gets unhappy, and without trust, love gets unstable. Love is a wonderful gift; trust in it, believe in it, give it, and it will be returned to you to give again and again.

You can get advice from family, friends, and strangers, but the best advice comes from your heart; it never lies; trust it. There may be many people that are trustworthy, but only a few are worth trusting with your heart; choose wisely. To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.........For you can love many, but without trust you have nothing. The heart already knows what the mind can only dream of. Trust your heart. The distance cannot, they are on the inside, but when he or she betrays your trust, they become the ugliest person in the world. Love is patient.

Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud........ It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongdoing. It does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth.It always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres. Love takes many things: trust, hope, wishes, dreams, and everything you've got, even when you know it's not going be enough. Love is not always fireworks and shooting stars; sometimes it's a simple understanding and trust between two people..

People, beware!
I am so angry at myself for having sent him my pictures!!!
Advertisement

#390139 by Terminator5 Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:12 am
"Trust, loyalty, and respect are a must for eternal happiness. No matter how much you love"

If you google the phrase above in parenthesis , you'll find its been used in a plethora of other romance scams .

viewtopic.php?f=13&p=252481

viewtopic.php?t=56374&p=130697

viewtopic.php?f=13&p=155905

viewtopic.php?f=13&p=210621

Daniel 8 :25
#390140 by LosCaracasVzla Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:26 am
Hi
Beware of the guy who calls himself Franklin Gobel and downloads pics to make himself "real" :(

Last edited by Tim Atem on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Converted image links to embedded images.