Information on romance scams and scammers.
#393260 by Mizzmaami Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:41 am
This guys is claiming to be Joel lambert from Manhunt TV show. He is has been in contact with my mother for almost a year now. Unfortunately she has fallen for his lies and has already sent him up to $10,000 CND dollars. He claims to be in the military. At first he used his “son” in the Ukraine for money. Because he is sick and needed food and hospital bills paid. His son is away at school while he is deployed. Him and his wife are not together.... wouldn’t give any info on why just that she is a bad person and wanted to tell details in person. Avoids all direct questions. Always puts the blame on my mother when she doesn’t send money and make her feel like she’s wrong. Now he got more money again from because he said he needed to pay his leave for vacation from the army. He is a captain highest of the high. He also had millions and will pay her back. She sent money again and he was suppose to come to Canada to be with her but..... of course something came up again and he needed money. He went to Dubai and bought her a car. Now he needs $1800 to pay the shipping fees via plane... which would actually cost anywhere from $5000-$40,000. I’ve confronted her multiple times. It has put a strain on our relationship. I haven’t talked to her in a couple months since the first confrontation but when I logged on her Facebook and had seen she is still sending money and talking with him I had to message her again to stop. But she doesn’t seem to believe me. She is fallen for him, completely, whole heartedly. He even sent her voice messages and his accent is clearly %100 percent Nigeria/African. I even sent her videos of the real Joel lambert talking telling her these two people don’t have the same voice. She doesn’t care. How can I stop her? She even opened multiple fb account to contact him so I wouldn’t be able to see. Because her original account I made and have full access. He has her cell number, house phone number and address. He has even gone as far as creating an additional account claiming to be a rich coworker trying to convince her to send money.

I’m so torn on what else I can do. I have tried everything. Sorry if this is all over the place. But there’s so much more but too much to type. He has groomed her well and she’s a fool.
Advertisement

#393269 by Tim Atem Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:52 am
I'm sorry you're going through this. Are there any family members or friends you could involve to try to convince her it's a scam? You may need to speak to an attorney to see about handling your mother's finances as well. You're welcome to show her our forum here where she can see the scams.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#393445 by malu53 Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:44 pm
found a fake FB profile
uid: aron.amrute.5
Joel Lambert Guthrie
from September 2018
no further info except for

pics on this profile

is this the man you were talking about, Mizzmaami ?

here the bio of the real person
wallofcelebrities.com/celebrities/joel-lambert/biography.html
#393547 by Terminator5 Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:24 am
Well its hard to tell if that's the correct Fake , FAKEBOOK PROFILE , but I think any reasonably intelligent person could deduce that profile is definitely fake .

Thx for your efforts .

Daniel 8 :25
#396582 by Mizzmaami Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm
I’m pretty sure that’s the profile. I didn’t check but I do remember showing her that the profile is female in the gender. I’ve showed her the real Joel’s Instagram account and real videos of him on YouTube so she could hear his real voice.

The man she’s talking to sent her some voice recordings and it’s very obvious he’s from Nigeria or some similar country.

There’s no hope for her, I’m convinced.