Room for Rent and other rental scams
#391056 by Michelle Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 am

Hello, thank you for your reply,
The unit I own is available and ready to move in as we speak. The rent is for the entire property.
A few things about myself, I'm 54 years old and I am inspecting offshore oil rigs. Most of the time I am offshore, I return to the city a few times/year.
If interested, please give me some details about you (age, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).

A few things about the apartment to refresh your memory: The utilities and HOA are included in rent. Also the parking, there is a private garage. The address is 545 N 1st Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401, 2 beds 2 baths 1,142 sqft, Monthly Rent: 1150.00.
The rent is for the whole apartment, I will not stay there because I have another home from the oil company.
The condo is furnished just like in the photos I sent you, it also has a washer/dryer. I will move my extra furniture in the storage if you have your own, you choose what will remain, so basically, you can rent it with or without my furniture.
What else...? the neighborhood is very safe, behaved pets are permitted (there is no pet fee).
The move in amount will be the first month + one deposit.

I would need a few rental details as well, how long do you plan to rent, starting when?

I'm currently on an oil rig but I could plan a swing back to arrange a showing. I'm sure you will love it, no one lived there since I've taken the photos. Also please add my email to your contact list, last time I got an error when attaching the photos.

Thank you for your time,

~Stay safe out there~

Casey James Joseph - IADC Certified Engineer

e: [email protected]

p: (503) 850-0652 (not working when offshore)

w: http://www.iadc.org

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DRILLING CONTRACTORS (IADC)
3657 Briarpark Drive, Houston, TX 77042 USA

Confidentiality Notice: The material contained in or accompanying this electronic transmission may contain confidential information which is the property of IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify us immediately.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#392850 by Michelle Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:54 am

Hello, thank you for your inquiry,
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week) and your email went into my spam folder.
The unit I own on 35-20 35th St, Queens is available and ready to move in as we speak at a monthly rent of 1050.00 for the entire property. A few things about myself, I'm 54 years old and I am inspecting offshore oil rigs. Most of the time I am offshore, I return a few times/year.
If interested, please give me some details about you (age, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant). A few things about the apartment to refresh your memory: The utilities and HOA are included in rent, it is a 1 bed, 1 bath, 680 Sq Ft apartment. Also the parking, there is a private garage included.
The rent is for the whole apartment, I will not stay there because I have another home from the oil company.
The condo is furnished just like in the photos I sent you, it also has a washer/dryer. I will move my extra furniture in the storage if you have your own, you choose what will remain, so basically, you can rent it with or without my furniture.
What else...? the neighborhood is very safe, behaved pets are permitted (there is no pet fee).
The move in-amount will be the first month + one deposit.

I would need a few rental details as well, how long do you plan to rent, starting when?

I'm currently on an oil rig but I could plan a swing back to arrange a showing. I'm sure you will love it, no one lived there since I've taken the photos.

P.S. I tried to send you the photos but I got an error (can you check please if you received them?), or can you add me or my email address to your contact list? Maybe that's why it doesn't go through.
Thank you for your time,

~Stay safe out there~

p: (614) 924-9681 (not working when offshore)

Confidentiality Notice: The material contained in or accompanying this electronic transmission may contain confidential information which is the property of IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify us immediately.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#397409 by Michelle Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello again,
Everything sounds great. Unfortunately, the earliest I can return on dry land will be at the end of October mid-November and renting the apartment would be the only reason to make the trip to the city. But I have a solution.
How about a trial period:
I am going to list the apartment on HomeAway or Airbnb, (you choose which one you prefer or the one you're more familiar, both are multi-billion rental companies like google or amazon) you reserve the place and you can live there at no charge until I come back from the oil rig. This way you'll have like a trial period until the actual rent starts so you can familiarize yourself with the neighborhood, the apartment, the amenities. I think is only fair to have this period before you jump into a large period commitment.
They will only require a $1000.00 security deposit to cover any potential damage cost or if the apartment will not be vandalized or something. This security deposit will be fully refunded the same day the trial period ends.
Once you confirm the reservation I will mail you the key with FedEx at your current address. Then I'll sort my trip and we can have the rental agreement signed and all.

If by any reason after the trial period will end you decide not to go ahead with the rent, just let me know so I don't have to make this long trip.
To be honest, the trial period helps me a lot too. I get to see how you maintain the apartment and I have the certainty that I don't make the trip just to show you the apartment.

If you're aboard, just let me know if you prefer Airbnb or HomeAway, send me your full name, rental period and a copy of your ID (front and back) or Passport so I can activate the listing and send you the rental offer.

Thank you for your time,
~Stay safe out there~

p: (949) 502-0901 (not working when offshore, please leave a message)