Room for Rent and other rental scams
#397490 by Michelle Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi there,
Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems. I prefer to rent my flat cheaper but to a nice and responsible person.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Airbnb Trust and Saftey Account (AIRBNB is the largest rental site in the world ) to make sure that we can trust each other.
Using Airbnb Trust and Safety Account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Airbnb as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.
Here is the procedure explained :
The Airbnb Trust and Safety Account works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Airbnb. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month rent + rental guarantee must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Airbnb at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
-You don't need to open an account with Airbnb because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
- You will receive the package (keys, apartment documents and lease agreement) in 3 business days. After the keys will be delivered at your address you will have 5 business days (inspection time) to check the apartment. The inspection time will start from the moment you will be at the building.
This will be in writing in the Airbnb contract I will sign.
The Airbnb fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the Airbnb rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#397529 by Michelle Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your email query regarding my apartment located in: Szczecin, ul.Sowinskiego
I am sorry but i do not speak polish. I lived all my life in United Kingdom. This apartment is inherited from my grand-parents who lived in Poland. Now the apartment is empty and i want to rent it.

My name is Tomina Warson. I'm a research engineer for a pharmaceutical company .

The apartment is completely furnished with high quality furniture, all the necessary equipment and appliances. New fitted kitchen . The apartment is in excellent condition, very clean and well kept. You have full access to all building amenities, near you have public transportation, coffee's shops and other facilities. Pets are allowed.

The rent will be PLN 950 per month including all utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable ). The time period for the lease is negotiable - what ever suits you well. I am asking for a rental guarantee (kaution) equal with 2 months rent because as you can see in the pictures my apartment is finished to high standards. The rental guarantee will be refunded at the end of the contract in full.
If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
Also please let me know how many people would be living on the property and exact date when you would like to move in.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Tomina Warson"

Thank you very much
Have a nice day

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.