Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#388230 by Emily Yim Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 pm
YES IT IS A SCAM!!! I just got back from the police station. Please beware!! Their email address that they are using is - [email protected]. And the whatsapp number that they used was +601136126039.

Please do not transfer any money or respond to them. They will not return the money to you at all. They start from RM500 saying that the funds are not enough. And then tell you to add another RM1,000 because you were "late" in transferring and then RM3,000 saying that the transaction was bounced back from the fake Credit Europe Bank.

Please do not fall for it! It is a big lesson learnt from me. I hope this helps anyone out there.
Advertisement

#399314 by wadu Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:24 am
im not sure is it a scam or not
im selling items in carousell, and a guy messaged me that he was interested in it. He said he is in Europe and he wanted to buy my item for his client in Dubai. After he sent me the money, a confirmation email was seent to me (the email is [email protected]), the email said that you will need ship the item out and send them the tracking number, for your shipment verification so that we can update money into your bank account and the full payment of 1,800.00 HKD will be transferred to your account from Credit Europe Bank Ltd® direct to your account.
Is it a scam or not? :bowdown: :bowdown:
#399315 by WPX Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:50 am
Hello. Yes, that email address is used for a fraud activities. DO NOT send any money via email which a bank would not ask your bank transaction details on email. Any free online email address is most likely a fraud and impersonation by those crooks.

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TOWARD ANY STRANGER via EMAIL, SMS or MOBILE. (Avoid any free mailing service which is most likely be fraud user)