The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#40130 by carol Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:47 am
I have been communicating with this man I met on MATCH.COM for a couple of weeks he is supposedly serving in Afganistan, and has sent me an email address to pay for telephone contact which has brought a very poorly worded and badly laid out response.

He is using the name SGT MICHAEL BROWN

He is also asking me to pay for him to come on leave

I have paid no money HOORAY

Is this man a scammer or a victim like the rest of us simply having his photos used by them]http://scamwarners.com/main//guestupload/20101030234408_Tom10.jpg[/img]
Advertisement

#40132 by Mac Ramses Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:23 am
Key phrases:-
carol wrote:serving in Afganistan
sent me an email address to pay for telephone contact
poorly worded and badly laid out response.
He is also asking me to pay for him to come on leave

Anyone who befriends you on a dating/romance/friendship website and then asks you to pay for anything at all is 100% guaranteed to be a scammer. It is not a soldier, it is a scumbag of West African origin, likely Nigeria or Senegal (others too). The pictures are of an innocent person.

I am the son, begotten by Ra
#40137 by carol Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 am
Thank you I suspected the man in the picture might be innocent as I stated at the beginning of my post
#40216 by David Jansen Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 pm
Welcome here Carol.

As Mac Ramses had pointed out, you can recognise this scam by these points Mac named. But of course, one have to know where to look for first. Could you also post some of the emails that this scammer has send you? Preferably with full headers. If you don't know how to get the headers, just ask.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#40274 by carol Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:14 pm
Yes can someone please tell me how to get the full headers so I can post these correctly

Many thanks

Carol
#40275 by Dotti Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:46 pm
Carol,

In order to help you with full headers, we need to know how you are checking your email--e.g. are you using yahoo online, gmail online, microsoft outlook, thunderbird, etc....

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#40280 by carol Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:37 am
I am using live.com.au thanks for this
#40338 by Gateway Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:46 pm
Carol
If you select the email in your Inbox then right click

You should see View Message Source

Click on that and it should open a new window with the Headers copy and paste the results here

Please remove any references to your email address before posting

Hope that helps..... :lol:

If you wish you can email me at
[email protected]

How to get E-Mail Headers
http://www.isipp.com/resources/email-headers/
#40347 by carol Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:15 pm
thank you for this, can anyone tell me how to read this data for myself so I know what I am looking for

thanks
Carol
#40356 by Jillian Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm
Hi Carol and welcome. Once you have the headers copied out, you can paste them into this tool which will give you more information about where the email might have originated from: http://www.iptrackeronline.com/header.php
Please be aware that tracking emails this way isn't always accurate for all providers.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#60698 by began steele Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:14 am
Hello Webgoddess. You aren't an idiot because you had the savvy to ask questions here.
Scammers know how to push the right buttons and are very good at stealing money, which is how people get conned.
It is impossible to report these African criminals but the next best thing is to have them on this site and email addresses searchable by the Google bots.
If this one had been shot he wouldn't be likely to be able to discuss this matter just now. It could be a minor scrape for which he would carry on normal operations, and regard it as a soldiers lot and a narrow escape to laugh at. Or if really shot, as likely or not a bullet would be capable of removing an arm or leg, since it could be moving at 1700 mph. Such a shot leaves a small entrance hole one side and a dinner plate size hole on the other. He wouldn't be discussing leave, but repatriation and hospital treatment. So all this is a lie.
The next round of lies will be fake leave request documents and fake letters from fake Army officials.....

Oh she seems to have vanished with the post I answered

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#100227 by ratt84 Sat May 05, 2012 9:25 pm
Resurfacing on tagged
uid 451361601

Frank M

Last Active: Online now!
Profile Views: 751 times
Profile Skin: Default
Tagline: want to meet my dream
Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Friends, Dating, Serious Relationship, Networking
Languages: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Catholic
Orientation: Straight

Picture (guy in white poloshirt) already posted

hello how are you ,, am sorry i miss you chat ,, this is my email , pls add me so we can have a serious chat at yahoo ,, [email protected] is my id , give me yours as well
#100232 by ratt84 Sat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm
[email protected]

facebook.com
uid 100003511921401

Joejoe Shorty

Worked at The U.S. Army
Studied at American Military University
Lives in Miami, Florida
Knows Spanish, British English, American English, Français

About Joejoe
i am a good looking
man,caring,loving,outstanding,honest,kind,out modded,happy, secure, self-confident, psychologically aware, emotionally,financially secure and nice to be with.i have learn To be a Strong man,have hard working, i lost my late father and mum.
I love poetry, books, walks on the beach and cozy candlelight dinners. I enjoy movies, television, music, traveling, the desert, the quietness of the mountains, the ocean, sunrises and sunsets.
I am comfortable in jeans or a nice english suit. A nonsmoker/drinker, not into drugs (don't need them; I live in a natural high). I believe in enjoying the good life and am high on it. I have a healthy attitude about God and the Bible.
Im a very outgoing person, who loves to dine out,travel and enjoy a simple life. Im romantic and very affectionate. I have a good sense of humor and I like to make you laugh.