Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#406929 by Retro_G Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:12 am
Hi all,

I am a freelance worker and have encountered a very weird case on several freelance websites.
I found some job offers posted from person who's working for Scamwarners.com. I submitted this job and my proposal was accepted soon.
My mission is to post some items for auction site using my account instead of them to support their reporting a scam case to Scamwarners admin.
The employer sent me the picture and information of the items to be posted.

The employer told me that scammers sometimes send a DM to me, not in auction site, in order to get items without bid. They want to buy directory the item and ask me to send it before the payment. The employer told me that "This is a typical scam. If you have a such kind of case, forward the DM to me soon and you will get rewards".
I still have not got DM, any damage so far but how do I consider this case? I knew Scamwarners.com for the first time;]

Thanks in advance,
Retro_G
Advertisement

#406934 by AlanJones Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 am
Please post links to the job offers.

Scamwarners do not employ people and do not advertise for workers to post adverts on our behalf or offer any rewards for people providing details of scams.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#406959 by Retro_G Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:47 pm
Good morning, Alan. Now I found the job offer already has been closed and their account is also disappeared. Their account name was "MotF" living in Eger, Hungary in profile. I met them at Freelancers.com.
They asked me to post Items for Yahoo auctions Japan.
I don't know how they deceive me using auction site but they were a real fraudster, who is spoofing of Scamwarner! That's horrible :(

Thankful for your comment!
#407105 by AlanJones Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:15 pm
Another fake Freelancer profile used by the scammer manu9143.

Email address used by the dumb scammer to sign up here [email protected].

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.