HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#409910 by ryeth Thu May 07, 2020 8:57 pm
I believe I've been scammed recently, but I'm a bit confused on something. I live in the United States and the "buyer" also lives in the United States. If it is a scam, who is receiving the package at the address it's being shipped to?

PayPal has most definitely confirmed that the Unique Transaction ID # I provided them didn't exist. They have also confirmed that the email I received was fraudulent.

I googled the street address to where it's going to get shipped. I have the package on hold so I won't be delivering it....I have paid for shipping tho :(

Seeing the home on google maps, how could the scammer actually get away with this?
Advertisement

#409914 by AlanJones Thu May 07, 2020 10:54 pm
The person at that address is most likely a victim of a scam themselves and thinks that they have a legitimate job receiving packages and forwarding them overseas.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#409933 by Terminator5 Fri May 08, 2020 1:21 am
Can you please post more information about this scam so we can examine it thanks

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.