HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#409910 by ryeth Thu May 07, 2020 8:57 pm
I believe I've been scammed recently, but I'm a bit confused on something. I live in the United States and the "buyer" also lives in the United States. If it is a scam, who is receiving the package at the address it's being shipped to?

PayPal has most definitely confirmed that the Unique Transaction ID # I provided them didn't exist. They have also confirmed that the email I received was fraudulent.

I googled the street address to where it's going to get shipped. I have the package on hold so I won't be delivering it....I have paid for shipping tho :(

Seeing the home on google maps, how could the scammer actually get away with this?
Advertisement

#409914 by AlanJones Thu May 07, 2020 10:54 pm
The person at that address is most likely a victim of a scam themselves and thinks that they have a legitimate job receiving packages and forwarding them overseas.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#409933 by Terminator5 Fri May 08, 2020 1:21 am
Can you please post more information about this scam so we can examine it thanks

Daniel 8 :25