Room for Rent and other rental scams
#410161 by Michelle Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 am
Antoinette Körner <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment located on 120 Esplanade, Brighton Vic 3186.

My name is Antoinette Körner. I'm a research engineer for a pharmaceutical company. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies there, but now she's back home in Germany, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.

The apartment is completely furnished with high quality furniture, all the necessary equipment and appliances. New fitted kitchen. The apartment is in excellent condition, very clean and well kept. You have full access to all building amenities, near you have public transportation, coffee's shops and other facilities. Pets are allowed. It's a very spacious apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which you'll have it all for yourself, this is not a shared place. Attached you will find pictures with the apartment and building's features.

The rent is $400 per week (meaning a total of $1600 per month) including the utilities cable TV, internet, water, electricity and also a private parking place. The time period for the lease is flexible, whatever suits you well. Also, I'm asking a security deposit equal with 1 month rent because as you can see in the pictures my apartment is finished to high standards. The security deposit is lodged with RTA and it will be refunded at the end of the contract in full.

If you are further interested, please give me some information about yourself (photos, age, job, lifestyle, etc.) and confirm the following:

- How many people will be occupying the property?
- What month you are looking to move-in; (exact date)
- What is the duration of the lease you would like;

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Antoinette Körner

Antoinette Körner <[email protected]>

I'm pleased to rent you my apartment, but I'm currently in Germany and I can not travel to meet with every potential tenant. Therefore, I would like to rent the apartment through RE/MAX, a company that mainly deals with renting apartments. Through them, I can rent the apartment without my presence being necessary and also you will have the possibility to refuse the property at any time or immediately after viewing it, without any obligation. We can organize an inspection in the next few days, and then, if you like the apartment, we can prepare the rental agreement and set the move-in date.

Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen so I am willing to send you the keys and you can visit the apartment to see if it suits your needs. The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me) will be made through an authorized courier and RE/MAX will be the responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.

Regarding the payment, you will get all the necessary instructions on the invoice from RE/MAX, so you can deposit the money for the first month along with the security deposit (bond), into an escrow bank account of RE/MAX. There won't be any other extra charges from your behalf.

To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
- Shipping address (address where you want the keys to be delivered) and name of recipient;
- Delivery schedule time (local time that you'll be at home to receive the keys and sign the receipt);
- Phone number;

You will receive the package (keys, apartment documents and lease agreement) in maximum 3 business days. Usually it takes 24 hours, but because of the new restrictions is possible a delay. After the keys will be delivered at your address you will have 2 days (inspection time) to check the apartment. The inspection time will start from the moment you receive the viewing permit.

After visiting the property:
* If you decide to rent the apartment, all the documents will be signed before a local notary and then you will have to authorize in writing the release of the money to me, as a down payment for the future rental of the property.
* If you decide not to go through with the rental, the money will be refunded to your bank account in the same day and you will have to send the keys back to me.

Sincerely,
Antoinette Körner

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement