Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#416589 by Michelle Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:20 am

Hello!

I am the owner of the 2010 Jeep Wrangler SPORT. I had it advertised nationwide through Facebook Marketplace. It is still available for sale. It is in great shape. it has no damage, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. It has 88,035 and clean title. It has 3.8L V6 engine, gasoline fuel and automatic transmission. 4x4, clean leather interior, premium stereo system with soundbar, soft top. This is a good opportunity to buy a great truck at the discounted price. Everything works great, it was recently professionally detailed interior and exterior. I am selling it at this final price of $1,900 because my husband passed away last month and it brings me a lot of bad memories and that’s the reason I want to sell it asap... I also got a new job and moved to Helena, MT and many other things have priority now so it has to go. I want to use eBay Services for both our safety, so if you're interested in purchasing this vehicle just email me your full name, address including the zip code and phone number. I will inform eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you
-Cindy

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#417053 by BigKahuna Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Thanks for posting this! We found an RV on Facebook Marketplace and it seemed too good to be true... I'm glad I searched the email address and found this website. The selling price was about $22K less than the book value which was an immediate red flag. The VIN (wv3ab47022h112490) seemed correct, though it seemed really strange as well. I used "vincheck.info" and this vehicle was being sold in Florida for $15k last year, and somehow teleported to Detroit with only 3 extra miles, and now it's being listed in Chicago.

Here is a link to the post:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3160143390735498

The Facebook post lists the seller as "Happy Warehouse Auto INC" as the following address:

4139 S Western Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60609

When I looked at that address in Google Street View, it's actually Parkview Auto Repair & Body Shop instead.
Here's the email we received:

Hello!
I am the owner of the 2003 Winnebago Rialta 22QD. I had it advertised nationwide through Facebook Martketplace. It is still available for sale. It is in great shape. it has no damage, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. It has 93,853 and clean title. It has 2.8L V6 Engine, gasoline fuel and automatic transmission. This Rialta is in decent condition inside. There are faded interior parts due to age and exposure. The rear seats were recently reupholstered and are in excellent shape. The Exterior is in decent condition. The graphics have started to peel. A good wax will restore the lustre to the paint. Everything works great, it was recently professionally detailed interior and exterior. I am selling it at this final price of $1,900 because I moved into a different state and I need to use the money to start a new that’s why I want to sell it asap... I also got a new job and moved to Helena, MT and many other things have priority now so it has to go.. I want to use eBay Services for both our safety, so ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY READY AND DECIDED TO BUY LET ME KNOW SO I CAN SEND YOU THE LINK WITH THE LISTING FROM EBAY SO YOU CAN PRESS THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON AND PURCHASE THE VEHICLE I will inform eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. Because of covid 19 restrictions the transaction will be made by shipping and it will be for free.
I look forward to your answer.
Thank you
-Cindy
#417055 by BigKahuna Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:27 pm
I dug into this a little deeper and found that this person(s) is listing a ton of vehicles like the ones above way below market value:

https://www.facebook.com/Happy-Warehouse-Auto-INC-109130540913579/vehicles/?ref=page_internal

"Happy Warehouse Auto INC" does not show up on the IL Secretary of State website (https://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/CorporateLlcController) and does not appear to be a registered business in IL. I tried to report this page to Facebook so maybe they will take it down.