If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#425778 by Vina Allysa Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:15 am
I am a parent. Full time working in an office as a customer service representative. While browsing on Facebook, a Facebook account named Elizabeth Lawrence with an email address of [email protected], send me a message about being her next of kin. I am shocked. At first I really thought this woman is real. She's sending me words of wisdom from God that I am her daughter through Christ and promised to send me an amount of 5 million USD which is so much impossible. I looked through LinkedIn account of the bank and the website and I don't see any person named Mr. Nnamdi Okonkwo as their staff or manager. Then they emailed me about sending them my bank information. Luckily, I found this website. They didn't know that I already knew it's a scam. I wanna play along. I wanna make them taste their own karma. Thank you for letting us know that they're a scam. Thank you so much!

[email protected]
[email protected]

The emails above are the email addresses they use to connect with me. I hope this helps!
Advertisement

#425780 by AlanJones Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:19 am
Playing along with them is a really dumb thing to do as they have access to a lot of not only your personal details , but those of your friends and family from Facebook.

The best thing you can do is just block them and stop responding. Don't accuse them of being scammers, just disappear and leave them wondering what went wrong.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#431368 by Jan135 Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:03 am
Definitely a scam. Everyone I know have recieved messeges like that.