HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#428664 by xbleksx Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:16 am
Good morning/afternoon/evening to everyone.

So I have recently sell an item on Facebook. The person went to do the bank transfer, international one as the person is in Poland and I am in Germany.

I have received a bank confirmation about my money awaiting the proof of sending, which I've provide and when the person has received the item, they've also went to the bank to confirm it has been received so the money can be confirmed. Now I receive an email from that bank mentionning that the amount sent is the wrong one. And the bank is now asking me to send an Amazon Gift Card with the difference to the person.

There's the last email the bank have sent me; I've cut the names, mine and the one from th person in case it is not a scam. And also the email address from the bank is : [email protected]

So now the person is supposedly going to the bank to explain them the issue and that I won't send any money unless I have the full amount which is 465€.

I think that's all.

Thanks for your help!
Advertisement

#428665 by AlanJones Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:27 am
Welcome to scamwarners. It's a definite scam.

Firstly, banks do not get involved in transactions like this. If someone sends you money then that money will show up in your account without you having to do anything. Secondly, banks do not use free email addresses.

If you have already sent the item then you should try to get in contact with the courier and see if they can stop the delivery, but it is likely that you have lost the item.

Please help other victims by posting the buyer's details as he is part of the scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#428667 by AlanJones Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 am
For the bots, details of fake buyer from the above image:

Account Name: Danuta Miler
Address Gdańska 11, Chełm, Poland
Email: [email protected]

Delivery address: Danuta Miler, Rynek 20 Szamocin 64-820 Poland

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.