Room for Rent and other rental scams
#435674 by Wiljames Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:16 pm
From John jr [email protected]
(originally on Craigslist)

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your interest in my unit. The unit is available for immediate move in, I am looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the unit. I have moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan on a job transfer and medical/ health reasons.The rent is 1000 per month utilities inclusive. Please I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartment and I want you to treat it as your own. Security deposit will be 1000, one dedicated parking spot for one car, laundry on premises. I am interested in renting it out for a long term: 3,6,12,24,36 months. It's a one bedroom with one bathroom apartment.

ADDRESS: 7355 San Gabriel Rd

I'm sorry you won't be able to see the interior of the unit in person as I did not make any plans of renting it out initially and there was not a building manager since I lived there. I also tried to work with some agencies earlier but I noticed they manipulated rent and deposit fees more than what I instructed, so I decided to rent it out myself as an Independent Landlord. But feel free to go by the building and look up the neighborhood as well, and then get back to me asking for APPLICATION If you'd like to take things further.

Hope to hear from you again. My best form of communication is through email and text.
Thank you and God bless.
Kind Regards
John Halland jr
Cell:+1 (616) 439-4542 Text Only
Advertisement

#435679 by Wiljames Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:34 pm
John jr

Hello,
I would say I appreciate your application, as I have no reason to deny you to live in my place.Let me hear from you as soon as possible. the delivery of the keys / Documents. Once again I'm giving you this apartment on trust and do not disappoint me because I do not want my apartment to be destroyed, no problem if you wish to move in with your own furniture.

Here are the contents. I'll be arranging for you to pick up.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper / Permanent Flat form (Containing your reference details)
3) The Flat documented file.
4) Payment Receipt.
5) Full address and description of the house

You'll be sending the rent money every month to me through Zelle, which the email listed below, have the First and last Month's rent with security deposit ($3,000) Done. Note the Security deposit is totally refundable on the day you move out completely from the apartment, But you will have to give us 30 day notice which is also included in the lease.On the memo of this transaction DO NOT write anything attached to it but if you must write, just write down {SERVICES} as any other indication such as rent/landlord/deposit would put your account on hold and delay the process.

Zelle Email: A*****************@gmail.com

Like I said earlier money is not my major concern, I want you to handle this property like your personal Belonging. I'm waiting for the payment confirmation (Bank receipt) to enable me to confirm the deposit and arrange for you to pick up the keys and other documents. This will also serve as proof of payment for us all. Attached is the Lease Agreement, kindly sign and forward back to me with the proof of payment.
Thanks
Best Regards
John Halland jr