HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#436567 by Woolf Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:52 pm
We have unfortunately been the victim of a scam and would like some advice on the next steps.

My wife was on a call with ThreeUK which she had dialled herself, but the call was disconnected before she completed her upgrade. After a while, she received a call from supposedly ThreeUK and ordered a new handset and proceeded to give all my details (after quickly asking me), name, address bank account no and sort code, debit card number the lot. I was not really listening as I was occupied with work but I demanded a contract or text message be sent confirming the order. None ever arrived.
The next day we received 2 iPhone 13's in the post in MY name. Then a phone call a little while later letting me know there was an error in the dispatch department and a "courier" will be coming to collect the phones and book them back in before they send the original order in the post. I knew then the missis had been scammed. I contacted the back and blocked my card, but they still have my ACC no and sort code (UK). The "courier" is coming at 9AM tomorrow, the local fraud team said to ring the police to see if they can get him but I suspect he will do a runner.
What can I do now to protect my information which is out there? My bank strongly advised me not to close my account and open a new one as they can only do limited harm with the ACC no and sort code. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We have no emails/or text messages to provide other than the numbers they range from.
020 3735 9348
07537 186529
Woolf
Advertisement

#436570 by AlanJones Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:14 pm
We deal with online advance fee fraud scams, so we do not have the expertise to be able to help you with this type of fraud.

I would suggest that you follow the advice you have been given by your bank and contact the police.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.