Information on romance scams and scammers.
#46534 by highsteppin Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 pm
Please ~ If there are other women who have been scammed by this guy COME FORWARD.
So far in just 2010 he has scammed over $200 thou from a number of women.
Advertisement

#46544 by Bubbles Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners highsteppin. Will you post up any other information you have about this scammer, like email address, some of the emails from him and the headers from an email.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#46585 by highsteppin Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:27 pm
Derek Wilburn ~

VERY good at what he does. He's on Match.com, Christian singles, just about every website looking for WIDOWED women.
His email address is [email protected].
I have3 photo's of him, 2 that are face shots and one that is a photo of a broken leg. That famous broken leg from a car accident that he uses on women for doctor & hospitial bills, blood, phone units, etc.
Can I post the photo's?
#46586 by Dotti Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm
We encourage posting photos and the text of the emails scammers send, because those emails are scripted and are often reused. Posting them ultimately helps others. Just mark the photos (you can see a link in my signature to instructions).

And for the record, though he is a bit more cagey than many of them, this is a confirmed scammer.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#46777 by bgram01 Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am
He is a professional at what he does. I was scammed by Derek Wilburn last year, for thousands of dollars. I will be posting pictures. His email address is ([email protected] ), name on Christian mingles (skywatch55). Basically he used the same story for all of us.
#46841 by Bubbles Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 am
Welcome to ScamWarners bgram01. I am sorry to hear that you were scammed. Posting information up here is very helpful for others. If you post pictures of any documents please use photo editing software to deface the items with something indicating that they were used by a scammer. We do this so other scammers can't use the items from this site. See this thread for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Your participation makes this site what it is.

#47395 by NotForHim Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:16 am
I was scammed by Derek Wilburn aka [email protected] on Match.com. He said he was a civil engineer working in Wales and had numerous reasons to ask for money. First to pay a hotel bill, air fare, attorney fee, European certificate costs and tax bills. I received documents and after too late and too much money realized they were fake. His Maryland driver's license has kilos for weight and the license number is the exact same one as the Googled image of the state's license. He worked with an attorney named Barr Harrison Goddard from Harrison Goddard & Foote. I called the firm and found that he and his assistant Reina Sorenzo are not associated with them at all. It is a very elaborate scam with plenty of fake documents.
#47398 by Bubbles Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:46 am
Welcome to ScamWarners NotForHim. We are sorry to hear that you got scammed by this criminal. Yes, their stories are complicated and believable in the surface. As you look deeper, the flaws begin to develop. Sadly it is after money has been lost that most begin to look into the situation.

It still hurts to get scammed regardless of the circumstances. Please do not beat up on yourself for being scammed. Thank you for posting this information so others can see how it is done.

#54491 by jcstrong1 Sat May 28, 2011 2:33 am
can someone please post a picture or let me know if you would rather email is to me. My email is edited out by Bubbles. I have a friend who is dating someone who says his name is the same and he has been doing the same things to her and she doesn't believe me. She just needs proof I think. Thanks for any help!

Moderator note: Please do not post your email address on these forums. Scammers will pick it up and begin contacting you pretending to be someone they are not. Spammers also come here and we don't want your in box filled with spam either.
Instead of posting your email address, use the handy Private Message function --------------->
~Bubbles
#54508 by Katharina Sat May 28, 2011 9:00 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, jcstrong!

It seems you are being scammed right now. Please post more information - copies of his first emails would be fine.
We will help you all we can.

And please use the "EDIT" button to delete your email address. It can be harvested by scammers' search programmes, and that would result in you being targeted by yet more scammers.
#54537 by Bubbles Sat May 28, 2011 9:31 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners jcstrong1. Katharina is correct, so I edited out your email address.

Scammers use different pictures and some times the same pictures. Scammers NEVER use pictures of their real selves. The take pictures from social networking sites. Email addresses are the way we identify them, though they change those like I change shoes.

Posting the email address and some of the email messages does help. Have your friend look at the romance section of this site. They do not have to register to look. Ask her how much money she has sent to this person.

You are a good friend to be concerned like this. Please let us know what we can do to help.