Information on romance scams and scammers.
#34678 by Deb Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:41 pm
This man contacted me through seniorpeoplemeet.com on 08/04/10 with the user name jack4love and e-mail address of [email protected] I googled his e-mail address and found reports he was a scammer. I did not reply to him personally.

Edited 08/07/10
Header #'s
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.229.37.84 with SMTP id w20cs165096qcd;
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:41:46 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.142.140.19 with SMTP id n19mr9624625wfd.271.1281044505865;
Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from n64.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com (n64.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com [98.136.44.189])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id l15si1411427wfa.115.2010.08.05.14.41.44;
Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:41:44 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 98.136.44.189 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.136.44.189;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 98.136.44.189 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [216.252.122.217] by n64.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Aug 2010 21:39:10 -0000
Received: from [67.195.9.81] by t2.bullet.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Aug 2010 21:39:09 -0000
Received: from [67.195.9.97] by t1.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Aug 2010 21:39:09 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp101.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 05 Aug 2010 21:39:09 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 29163 invoked by uid 60001); 5 Aug 2010 21:39:09 -0000
DKIM-Signature: (CUT)
XYMail-OSG: (CUT)
DomainKey-Signature: (CUT)
Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: (CUT)
Received: from [216.218.211.100] by web113905.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:39:09 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.3.2 YahooMailWebService/0.8.105.279950
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Hello
To: xxxxxxxxxr <[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-342866763-1281044349=:28921"
--0-342866763-1281044349=:28921
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good Day, how are you doing today?...I hope you doing great as I am here,futher more am a new to chatting online and I was introduce by my close friend due to his happiness he found on this site some years ago,am I here for a purpose on if I could also fine my right woman for long term relationship and maybe leads to marriage,....so i get so impress to get on women profile and search for the right woman and I hope God is in control to answer me now....so whiles searching through profiles I came across your profile which made me to stop and say.....Hi to you...if you don't mine we can get to know more about each other and become a friend so later more....then I will be glad to read back from you.. You can please contact me directly to my person email address at [email protected] or better still get back to me with your emaill address soi that i can add you to my yahoo messenger and send more of my picture to you so that we can get to know much more about each other..Thanks..Jack
_________

First of all i will want to say thank you so much for getting back to me, i so much appreciate your respond a lot and I really wish we could stay in much contact and get to know each other quite well..... Well permit me to introduce myself to you again.. My name is Jack Mareko, Am 54 years of age Italian born,.. I'm self employed and I work as Electrical Engineering.. have once married but unfortunately I have lost my wife 7 years ago and ever since then I have not been to any kind of relationship Or have sexual relationship one way or the other.. You might be thinking inyour mind that am holy or something, but i will say NO to that because no one is too holy, just that I took my time to study myself and becareful of jumping into a relationship because i don't want to get hurt..

I joined Senior dating services with the hope of finding someone to communicate with and see what happen through that.. I'm very nice and also you can classified my kind of person as loyal and very outgoing.. I like visiting the cinema and also I love going to the beach when am less busy or have nothing doing. I am easy going type of person and i enjoy all the outdoor stuff.. At this moment i am looking for my last love... My heart is wide open for someone who is ready to have something serious and not to play around.. Am not here to break heart but to make someone smile always..

I'm a unique individual. I enjoy reading books and enjoy activities like hiking bicycling, pool, camping, and much more. I have a keen interest in health. I enjoy helping others out and like to make people laugh.. My heart is open for a relationship and I believe we can stay in contact and get to know much more about each other.. I will stop here and look forward to your email soon.. Please feel free to tell me much more about yourself also as i will like to learn more about you.. You can get back to me with your email address if you will like me to email you...
Always Cares,
Jack
Last edited by Deb on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#34681 by Samantha Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:51 pm
That's great that you did some research before falling into a scammer's net! If you have any emails from him you should post them here, with headers (remove your own email address), so that others can easily find this post in an Internet search and hopefully also avoid being scammed.
#49296 by fooled Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 am
If anyone by the name of Jack Mareko that mentions anything about being an Engineer and has to leave to Malaysia and has a accent but very charming and will say so many romantic things to make you really think that he really cares and loves you but all he wants is your MONEY!!
He will say stories that he may need money to purchase plane ticket to come home or if you want to invest in a business property with him
He will run into problem into problem anything for more money..
He will never give you the hotel information if you ask that you want to call hotel directly to have them place the call to his hotel room.
He will say he needs to pay for his hotel room that they took his passport so he can't return home. I was so darn dumb that all hotels require full payment in advance and day stay and lock you out if you stay longer without payment...
They will not just let you stay and with out a credit card he will say he doesnt have one...
He also will never give you any information on an address of his physical home...He will stay very calm and very charming...
He will keep saying he loves you and even cry.. Yes cry beg for money then when he you ask him for money he really good he will also say that he can't get money from his bank because that it has a high security on it that he has to be there in person only..
BEWARE BEWARE of this man..
I was a HUGE FOOL i sent him over 30 thousand dollars yes I was a dumb fool beliving every word I looked online for this person but found nothing until it was too late...He contacted me through dating site back in April 2010 then stop talking July 2010 when I have nothing left and was no longer giving him a dime..
I feel very sick to my stomach but oh well lesson learned if you never see and meet a man in person never ever give him money just RUN!!
#49301 by Bubbles Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:59 am
Hello fooled, I am sorry you got pulled into a scam. Would you please post the email address this scammer used, an email from him and the Headers from the email.

This information will help other find your warning. It is good to never send money to people you don't know.

The amount of money you lost is quite high. This shows how skilled scammers are at their trickery. Sadly, you are not the only one to have fallen for the stories scammers tell. You also experienced what scammers do. They use you for their source of money, then they drop you when you stop sending money.

Thank you for telling your story as painful as it may be. Hopefully it will help others to not fall prey to this criminal.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#51835 by fooled Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:55 pm
Jack Mareko email he used: [email protected]
Yes he will say he lives in states the once he connects with you then he will say he needs to go to malaysia..
I have learn a huge hard lesson...
I do hope other women will never fall for sweet talking men...
He had also had a friend Austin Jackson that will go to Moneytree to get money....

Beware Beware run run...
#51836 by fooled Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 pm
Jack Mareko email he used: [email protected]
Yes he will say he lives in states the once he connects with you then he will say he needs to go to malaysia..
I have learn a huge hard lesson...
I do hope other women will never fall for sweet talking men...
He had also had a friend Austin Jackson that will go to Moneytree to get money....

Beware Beware run run...