Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#49001 by montiey Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 am
Beware of Anyphoneunlock - Iphone 4 Unlock

On 26-Feb-2011 I had googled about websites that provide an unlock for an Iphone 4 that is locked to an AT&T network US (Ios 4.2.1 & BB 03.10.01). This is how I came across Mod Note: I removed the link to the site pending further clarification. ~Bubbles

On 26-Feb-2011 I went to the website and mail them about my requirements. To which I immediately got a response with a confirmation over an email. So I went ahead and bought a package worth GBP 39.99, that will provide me with an unlock code on 27-Feb-2011. I bought it with the help of my credit card and the transaction went through Nochex.

Immediately I got the membership to that website. According to the package they were supposed to provide me with an unlock code within a time frame of 1 week. I wrote them an email on 01-Mar-2011 and received a confirmation from them stating that they are still working on it and will take a week as per the suggested timing to provide me with a code.

Since there was no email from them about the unlock code even after the specified time, so I asked them for a refund. I have written close to 6-7 email about this issue as well as logged in a query in their support database. However there has been no response.

This is why I need your help to punish such scammers. Although I have lost my money, however with your help we can control such fraudulent websites.
Advertisement

#49050 by Bubbles Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:53 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners montiey. Please post up the email and headers to the email message you got.

We have no way to determine if this is a scam. The types of scams we deal with are scams that are sent to email addresses with no action from the recipient.

You contacted this company, they did not send you an email which prompted you to contact them from what you have written. Please provide more proof that this is the type of scam we deal with. See this thread for more detailed information. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5

I would recommend going to your credit card company and ask them to recall the funds.

montiey wrote: I immediately got a response with a confirmation over an email.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#49397 by xtwclx Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am
this website is a scam, i signed up for the iphone 4 at& locked carrier, it say 48 hours turn around however, it been weeks. i have email them as well as send in support inside the support area for customer. I have not receive any respone from them, (total email write: 4 )

please report them.

thanks and best regards.
#49439 by Bubbles Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:29 am
I am going to ask our site killers to look at this website.

We had two threads going on this topic. This is the active topic.

#50680 by lke Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:46 pm
This is not a coordinated attack, the site anyphoneunlock.net is a SCAM, I also buy an iphone unlock for my iphone 4 and after waiting for over 2 weeks I have not received any unlock. I live in Mexico.

I also pay thru nochex, what is strange about this is that I try to sent a report to nochex using their support ticket form and I got an error.

This is the name of the owner of the domain ( Doel, James [email protected] ): anyphoneunlock.net

egistrant:
Swimbridge Technology Ltd

Valley Vue
Corilhead Road
Braunton, Devon EX33 2EW
United Kingdom

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ANYPHONEUNLOCK.NET
Created on: 12-Jun-09
Expires on: 12-Jun-11
Last Updated on: 12-Jun-09

Administrative Contact:
Doel, James [email protected]
Valley Vue
Corilhead Road
Braunton, Devon EX33 2EW
United Kingdom
+44.07894586536

Technical Contact:
Doel, James [email protected]
Valley Vue
Corilhead Road
Braunton, Devon EX33 2EW
United Kingdom
+44.07894586536

Domain servers in listed order:
NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS04.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

I view the information from nochex and this is where you can contact them:

Domain Name.......... nochex.com
Creation Date........ 2000-11-11
Registration Date.... 2003-06-20
Expiry Date.......... 2011-11-11
Organisation Name.... SecuriClick Ltd
Organisation Address. Regent Street Business Centre
Organisation Address. _
Organisation Address. Leeds
Organisation Address. LS2 7QN
Organisation Address. West Yorkshire
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Admin Name........... Firstnet Hostmaster
Admin Address........ Nochex Ltd
Admin Address........ 103 Clarendon Rd
Admin Address........ Leeds
Admin Address........ LS2 9DF
Admin Address........ West Yorks
Admin Address........ GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +44-113-344-3996
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Firstnet Hostmaster
Tech Address......... Nochex Ltd
Tech Address......... 103 Clarendon Rd
Tech Address......... Leeds
Tech Address......... LS2 9DF
Tech Address......... W Yorks
Tech Address......... GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Tech Email........... [email protected]
Tech Phone........... +44-113-344-3996
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... ALYCIDON.FIRSTNET.NET.UK
Name Server.......... BALLYMOSS.FIRSTNET.NET.UK

Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Creation Date: 11-NOV-2000
Updated Date: 25-OCT-2010
Expiration Date: 11-NOV-2011

Nameserver: ALYCIDON.FIRSTNET.NET.UK
Nameserver: BALLYMOSS.FIRSTNET.NET.UK
#50711 by Bubbles Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 am
This is not the kind of activity we deal with, so I am locking this topic and will lock any further discussion of this site as it does not fit our stated purposes.

Look here to see what ScamWarners does: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561
The first sentence says this:
If you think you've been contacted by a scammer, this is the right place to ask for help. The more you can tell us about the email or contact you've had, the better we can assist.

All who have posted about this situation contacted the site, it did not come to them. None of the posters have replied to requests for copies of email or headers.

Two posts about this site were almost word for word identical. I am not defending the site. I am stating why it looked like a coordinated attack.

And here to see what you might be able to do: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15
The first sentence of this announcement says
There are a million and one scams out there, and we don't claim to be experts in advising about them all. The ones we do consider ourselves qualified to talk about are listed in our specific scams section

Done