Information on romance scams and scammers.
#52007 by anjilwings Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:25 pm
I have an account set up on Tagged.com to play pets. Of course the picture is bogus, it is of a model, and the profile is set to private and I don't have any info in there other than my age. Here is the email I got today.

[url]Image[/url]

Hi - My name is Mark! I am new at this as i am browsing through this site i come across your beautiful profiles and lovely faces in here. But yours is listed with some values which i really wanted in a woman. I am an independent man and very affectionate. I have gone through your page and I enjoyed reading your profile. It'd would be so great to know you more and I should tell you that I am really interested in you. I don't come here often, whats your email so i can tell you more about me and let you see some of my picx. Hope to hear from you. Your new friend.

Tagline: You reap what you saw

Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Friends, Dating, Serious Relationship
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Christian
Orientation: Straight
About Me
Music: Oldskool R&B, Rock,Country
Movies: Adventure, Love, Comedy
TV: Larry kinglive
Sports: Swimming, Basketball,Tennis
About Me: I am a very kind, sympathetic and modest man. I like flowers, compliments and attention from the side of women. I am an easygoing person and I have a lot of friends. Communication is important part in my life. Also I am patient, prudent person with sweet temper. I love everything new. There are so many hobbies in my life and I can’t even count them. I love pop and classical music. I play piano. I like traveling and spend my free time on camping tour. I found of sport dances. I am a lot of fun, sociable, and interesting man. My creative side is developed a lot - I write poetry. I can find common language with anyone so you will never experience uncomfortable silence with me. ;-) I guess I can say I am a soul of any company. I am sexy, passionate and attractive.
Who I'd like to meet:: If I hadn't missed my beloved person, my life would be complete. But I haven't been lucky to meet such a person. My greatest desire is to meet an interesting woman, who will see my inner world just like I see it. I know she will be very kind, sincere, intelligent, sociable, emotionally-stable, and generous woman with a good sense of humor. I don't mind if she has strange or funny hobbies like collecting beer cans. :) I just want her to be serious about starting a family, loving, caring, interested in my day-to-day life and solving our problems together. Just to be partners, friends and lovers always. she must be responsible, reliable,kind, sociable, emotional,sinsere, considerate, affectionate,optimistic, forceful person.I am looking for woman to make strong and happy family.I want to have harmony in my future family.

I gave this person a fake name and an email address I only use for Tagged. Just in case it is someone I have run into before.
Advertisement

#52151 by anjilwings Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 am
Finally heard from him. I am using a loaner computer so I am having trouble downloading the pics he sent.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:49 PM
Subject: Hi there

Hi ,
How are you doing ? You sound like a very Interesting person to know. Since we can not meet in person for the next few days. I think it would be better for us to get to know each other by exchanging emails.I will go first, Let me start by telling you some Basic but important things about me I think you should know. I do not smoke and I'm usually clean shaven. I'm always very direct and straight forward, I tell you whats on my mind when I feel it and this has made me a very honest person naturally. My dad is American while my Mom is British, i grew up in the UK. I'm 180 cm in height, and I live alone in Baltimore presently. I'm also a very Optimistic and Open Minded person. Being Optimistic and Open minded has always attracted people to men Naturally. I'm not the kind of man who base his feelings on the Outer Beauty or physical appearance. I believe in the Beauty on the Inside because I learned long ago that it is much better. I might cancel my membership on tagged because i don't have time for it and I do not think I would be needing it anymore since am talking with you. Especially when I almost never used it. When I moved to US I did not have many friends and so I told my daughter about it and she suggested Tagged.

I am currently on my biggest and most Adventurous International Business trip to Port Harcourt, Nigeria. which is somewhere in West Africa. I got here last night and I'm still settling down and getting used to my new surroundings. Due to this business trip we would not be able to see each other for at least the next 2 weeks. My job is a long story. Explaining what I do would have to be an email on its own. However I do not work for a American Company but I have an American Clients and Contractors.

I still know very little about you and would love to know a lot more. I'm new to the internet scene but I think I can spot a sincere and Genuine person when I see one. So now its your turn. Tell me anything about yourself that you would like me to know. Or maybe something you are proud of about you. What are the qualities and traits you want from a man who you could fall in love with? I'm an Open book, so don't hesitate to ask me whatever you want to know about me. I attached some of my pictures to this email and I hope to get some of yours soon as well. Bye for now.
I hope to read from you soon.
Mark.

I guess he figured if he tells me he is on business to Africa that I will believe his BS from the beginning. Not. I will post the pics as soon as I can get them to download.
#52243 by anjilwings Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:34 pm
So I fed him a bunch of lies and he fell for it.

Hi Hannah,
Thank you for the email, it was enough for me. I've decided to tell you my life's story from the very beginning. I was born on the 13th day of the Month of March in 1967. I am the only child my parents had. My father was American and my Mum was British. They are both deceased. My parents met in Vienna and back then my dad was a social worker for the Austrian Government. They got married and had their first child and decided to keep it that way. We stayed in Vienna for about 6 years then moved to Dublin. My Dad tried to pursue a career there as a Professional Antiques collector, but things weren't going to well, so once again we relocated to greener Pasture's and this time we headed for Scotland, this was were we lived until one fateful day in 1979, when my Father was involved in an Auto Crash which claimed his life.

I am a Petrochemical Plant Engineer by profession. I earned my degree from the University Of Aberdeen, in Scotland in 1994. A few months before I graduated, while on a class tour to Liverpool Cathedral. I met my late wife at the University of Liverpool, she was a very sweet woman and I couldn't think of anyone else I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. About a year later we got married. In 1996 we moved to Chicago and had our only daughter Karen. Late into 2003 shortly after we moved to Houston Medical Center area of Houston, due to work related reasons. I lost my mum by Colorectal cancer. This was a very miserable time in my life because I suddenly felt alone in this world. I thought the worst had happened to me. But the worst blow came in 2005 March, when my perfectly healthy wife went to sleep one night and never woke up. I've been a widower since then and although I have been in a couple of relationships nothing really ever came out of it. I have been through a lot of difficult times in my life's Journey. Both Physically and emotionally but God has used it all as a weapon to teach me and also bring me closer to him.

Although I said I do not pay much attention to the Outer beauty, I do appreciate beauty and of course, I would prefer a nicer looking woman over one who is not so attractive at a glance. But I also know that the prettiest people do the Ugliest things. Intellect is a Trait that attracts me to women so far in life I have observed that pretty and attractive women rarely poses this quality. But you seem to be a woman of intellect and yet you are Beautiful. You are indeed a very good looking woman and I'm sure you already know this especially for a woman your age. I actually lived in Riverdale when I first moved to US. However moving to Los Angeles has been very rewarding for me in different ways. I can't really say I'm living the dream but I think happiness is actually something we give ourselves. I travel a lot and exploring Europe is something I hope to do for the rest of my days. Well I hope you understand everything I've said so far.
Bye for now,
Mark.

Hannah is just a name I made up. So now it is time to put on the charm. Sucker.

IP: [41.138.184.217
#52724 by anjilwings Fri May 06, 2011 6:37 pm
This guy is too funny. I got bored and decided not to log in and write back. Usually they have a couple they are emailing so it doesn't bother them. Oh it did this one. I have turned the tables and using a models picture and her actually name. He has yet to answer my question about his daughter check out these latest emails.

Good-morning,
I just woke-up getting ready for Church, I open the laptop hoping to see a mail from you, i'm glad to hear from you. Well about what you said I want you to know that i want the same as you said. I want a loving, honesty, caring and sense of humor from my woman and am ready to give all that to her. The sort of Relationship i want is one to be build on the solid foundation which is love and trust, I do believe with this 2 ingredients of relationship, so many relationships has come to success unlike ones built on false and pretenses. I do a lot of traveling because am not with any woman. I will always be beside my woman whenever am in a relationship.
As for me, Nigeria seems to be great so far. I must confess after reading your email I was impressed. I have a feeling I would be even more impressed when I get to meet you in person. I think it is time for me to explain what I do for a living. It is important for me to do this now because most of my expectations & aspirations is to archive my goals in life and one of them is being able to successfully execute the contract I am currently working on, it will be helping the agricultural Sector Development in some very important places and at the same time reduce a great deal of human dependence on the use of Fossil fuels.
Ethanol is used as a bio fuel alternative to gasoline; mostly in the United States, it is used as an oxygenate to gasoline (oxygenates are usually used as gasoline additives to cut down or reduce carbon monoxide that is created during the burning of fuel) Now using alcohols such as ethanol in internal combustion engines is only possible if the engine is designed or modified for that purpose. However, in their pure forms, they can be mixed with gasoline (petrol) in various ratios for use in unmodified gasoline engines. Now to know the percentage of ethanol in a given volume of gasoline, 'E' numbers are used. E10 means 10% ethanol in 90% gasoline. E25 means 25% ethanol in 75% gasoline and so on. Ethanol mixed with gasoline is also called 'gasohol' and the most internationally used is the E10 which is used in internal combustion engines of most modern automobiles and light vehicles without needing any engine modification. Now blends above E10 have needed engine modifications as trying to use them without engine modifications would result in lower efficiency of the cars.
The advantage of 'E' fuels is that they increase the octane ratings of fuel (the octane rating is a measure of the resistance of fuel to knocking) but the most important advantages in the United States are that they are environmentally friendly leading to less emission of carbon monoxide which is the most dangerous pollutant to the human race. They reduce considerably the amount of pure gasoline used, leading to lower prices of fuel and lesser dependence on Crude oil. The E10 blend have already become mandatory in about 12 States in the United States and would soon be mandatory in all States and also probably spread to most parts of the world. Now imagine proving that more than 10% ethanol can be used with more efficiency. Think of the prospects in the international market. 'MTBE' ( methyl tert-butyl ether) was formerly used as an addition to gasoline but was found to pollute groundwater when gas containing it is spilled at gas stations.
Well all I've been simply trying to explain to you in layman's Terms is that right now West Africa and to very specific Nigeria, is the best place to purchase any type of Agricultural Cash crop especially Corn. Since all exports duties are basically focusing on the Oil Boom. I used to work for a company that designs cooling systems for agricultural tractors, but after many years of doing working in the Engineering sector Oil, I decided to be my own boss and that was how I got involved a little of everything concerning the conversions of gas stations into handling gas with more than 10% ethanol. My job is something that interests me, it is good for the environment and of course with anyone paying attention to the price of gas nowadays, very lucrative as well. For sometime now, I've been on a contract to purchase raw Corn in large quantities from West Africa for an agricultural cooperative (Farm Bureau). Although We have the resources back home, but due to political interests in the government and the domestic oil industry, there isn’t a lot of work being done around this and as you can imagine the Agriculture Industry is very interested in the development of Gasohol stations. I can not tell you all of it as it would just be to long.
My trip down here is supposed to come to an end in approximately 2 weeks time. International trips that are work related are a rear occurrence for me they only happen once or twice a year and are usually very sparsely spaced. I don't usually take my daughter along whenever am traveling but we I've taken her to Madrid and she really like it there, she like being around her Grandmother in London so that doesn't let her have time to come with me unless she wants to come to Baltimore. I can go on writing forever but I have to go try a Nigeria Church. Bye for now and I hope to read from you soon.
Lots of Regards,
Mark.
that was dated May the 1st. Then:
Hello,
How are you doing ? I keep logging in & out to see if i will have a mail from you ... Just want to let you know that i can't stop thinking about you and i keep reading your email.

dated May the 4th. I figured why not email him. So I turned up the BS.
How are you doing ? Im so much happy to read from you ... I want you to know that God never lets us down and everything that is going on now would be ok when the results come. I will go with what your mom said about the job, lecturing in the university is a good i really do like it. You seem to have a very peace loving perspective of life. So let me tell you some more about me. When it comes to having a good time I like to go Skiing in the Winter and the two places I usually go to are Rossland, in British Columbia and Winter Park, Colorado. Recently I started visiting some Ski resorts in Austria, like Kirchberg and Kitzbuhel. I like to read all kinds of books ranging from Non Fiction to Biographies, I also like super thrillers and Espionage stories. I have a whole lot more things I do to catch some fun but it greatly depends on who I'm with. Sometimes I go see a movie or maybe just listen to some good music. I'm thinking about going on a short vacation after I'm done with everything I'm doing down here.

To be very honest, I really do like the person I've been in contact with so far. My Idea of a Loving Adult Relationship has nothing to do with multiple partners, one night stands or cheating. I believe in marriage and although I might be willing to settle for less if my partner does not want it. However if I am certain I have found the right person my ultimate goal would be for us to be married. I used to have lots of friends as a Young man but gradually as I grew older it seemed very few people where as willing to give themselves in a relationship as much as I was willing. I always feel kind of cheated when ever this happens to me. I trust people until proven otherwise but I also find it difficult to forgive once that trust has been broken. That does not mean I do not forgive and forget. I only feel betrayed if the act was intentional and I know if I were to be in the other person position I would have acted Differently. So I have very few friends but lots of Acquaintance's. This is also one of the reasons why I like to keep happenings in my private relationship discreet because I've noticed peoples opinions usually do more harm than good and it is always better to follow your heart if you consider yourself an Intellectual.

I've been very single for almost 2 years now but didn't really take note until my Daughter said he will like to take his grandma's country as her home and she just got addmission into stamford bridge college. it's a good one it will let me to be visiting the UK very well and i still have a house there.

I also enjoy taking cruises, shopping, hanging out at the park or museum. You can also catch me taking long walks at the beach but its usually always lonely when you don't have someone to share that time with someone to hold hands with & dig our feet into the sand, to Listen to the waves crash on the shore. To feel the sun upon our faces. Someone willing to travel to new exotic places and appreciate the things we've got, Even if it's not a lot. To feel the wind flow through our hair. To feel heaven as if we were there because that special someone is next to me and there's no other place I would rather be. I sincerely and honestly think you are a very interesting person. I just felt compelled to tell you a lot more about me. I hope to read from you soon.

P.S: We can chat on yahoo messenger sometime, I'm usually logged on when I'm not at work, I think chatting is a better way of getting to know someone over the computer.

Lots Of Regards,
Mark
dated today, May the 6th.

Ok he first told me his wife died in 2005 now he has only been single for 2 years. Then if his quote daughter was born in 1997 or 1998 she would be younger than my youngest son and he will be 15. Wow really smart child to be going to college so soon. He can't even get the name of the college right. And all the bull he is writing. He should get a job write romance novels. :laugh-s: